part lxvii

Word Count - 4,312 words

Y/n stormed inside Evan's room, panting from rushing to get to the crown prince's bed chambers. The emperor followed behind her. Both of them rush towards Evan who is sick and asleep on his bed.

The empress sat down beside Evan, eyes widening as she saw many red spots on the crown prince's face, arms and even on his legs. "What happened to his highness?!"

Y/n asked loudly.

Her tone was a furious one, causing Evan's attendants to suddenly feel terrified.

"Y-your majesty...his highness was just fine earlier...b-but then he started feeling ill by sunset...and those red spots on his body started appearing...w-we d-don't know why and how his highness ended up like this."

The h/c-haired woman shut her eyes, taking a deep breath. Since hearing that the crown prince fell ill, she wasn't able to think clearly anymore. And now, she's starting to blame the crown prince's servants for the crown prince's sudden illness. "Empress."

Y/n looked at Erwin when her husband called her. The emperor held her arm and gently squeezed it. "Breath. You have to calm down. Evan will be all right soon."

Erwin looked at his son's attendants.

"Did you already summon Dr. Grisha?"

"Yes, your majesty."

"Good. Leave us first."

"Yes, your majesty."

The room became dead silent when the people left, leaving Y/n and Erwin with Evan. Erwin looked at his wife who was only staring at his son, looking worried.

"Y/n..."

His wife looked at him, eyes now glossy.

"I apologize, your majesty...I brought the crown prince here hoping he would be able to unwind...but now...he's terribly sick..."

Erwin's eyes softened. He kneeled on one knee, and held Y/n's hand, while the other cupped his wife's cheek. "It's not your fault. Don't apologize for something you didn't do. Now, stop crying...our son will be all right."

Y/n nodded, shutting her eyes and letting herself shed more tears. She looked at the crown prince, gently caressing his hands.

"Nngh..."

The two adults were taken aback upon hearing Evan whimpering. Y/n shifted in her seat. "Y-your highness...we're here..."

Evan slowly opened his eyes.

They're glossy and just looking weak. Small tears streamed down to the sides of his face as he stared at the empress and emperor.

"M-mother...f...father..."

"Yes, Evan. How do you feel?" Erwin asked.

The crown prince shut his eyes, hissing as he tried to move. "I-it's u-uncomfortable..."

Y/n felt even more scared. She looked at Erwin. "Your majesty...what should we do? Why isn't Dr. Grisha here yet? The crown-"

"Love...please calm down."

The emperor kept his hold on his wife's hand, gently squeezing it to give her at least a little comfort. "He will be here soon."

Y/n gulped as she nodded. Instead of throwing more tantrums, she just focused on Evan, asking him if he needs anything and if he feels other than uncomfortable.

Evan fell asleep again 20 minutes after he woke up. The crown prince just feels so weak and exhausted, that all he can do is sleep, and talk less than he usually does.