part xlvii (The Legend of Nadia)

Word Count - 1,480 words

2,000 years ago...

A beautiful baby girl with h/c-hair and
e/c- eyes was born from the concubine of
a Marleyan king.

She was given the name, "Nadia" which means hope, light and fragile. Nadia was the king's favorite child, for she came from the womb of her mother, who was also the king's greatest love. Nadia grew up with all the things she needed, and with great love.

Nadia was also loved by her older siblings, and she was also a good older sister to her younger half-brother.

Though, despite all the love and support she received from her father, mother and siblings, Nadia was hated by the Queen and by the noble people because of her status as a concubine's child.

Because even if Nadia is only a concubine's child, the king gave her the title of being a royal princess, and that angered the Queen and the noble people of the Marleyan kingdom.

Nadia constantly received discrimination from the Queen, and from the nobles.

But despite all of this, she remained loving, caring, and strong.

All because she had her family's support, and the mass who had also loved and supported her for her great kindness.

When Nadia had her coming-of-age, she was given the title "Marley's Royal Maiden," and "The People's Princess." In the same year, Nadia also met her first love.

A prince from the Eldian Empire.

"It's a pleasure meeting you, Princess Nadia. My name is Zeke. A royal prince from the Eldian Empire. It's just like what they say. Marley's royal maiden, the people's princess...is a lady who holds irresistible beauty."

Her heart raced upon meeting the Eldian prince, her cheeks felt warmed as blood rushed onto them, and there was a ticklish feeling that surged in her stomach.

All in all, she was just flustered and stunned.

Nadia fell in love with the Eldian prince.

And she knew that the prince was also in love with her. After all, he sent her poems, he often asked her to meet in secret at night, and they go on a secret date in the City.

She fell in love, and she thought he did, too.

The princess of Marley fell for a man whom she never expected to betray her at the end.

One year before her coronation,
Zeke confessed his love for her, and proposed to her. Nadia accepted Zeke's love, after all, she was in love with him.

Her father agreed that they get married, but in one condition. Nadia is to stay in Marley for she is the crown princess and Zeke will turn his back on his empire.

Zeke agreed with the king's wishes, so easily. He reasoned that he isn't an important member of the Eldian imperial family, for he isn't the King's heir. He's only a royal consort's son.

And so, Nadia and Zeke got married, they made vows, and gave themselves to each other on their first night.

But the happy life Nadia was dreaming of with Zeke, were all ruined because of Zeke himself.

Days before her coronation, a month after the king stepped down on his throne, the Eldian empire made a surprise attack on their kingdom, led by Zeke's father, the Emperor of the Eldian empire.

Zeke's goal all along was to help his father conquer the world, including Marley.

Nadis was betrayed by her first love.