part xxii

Word Count - 2,224 words

"Are you okay, my lady?"

Y/n snapped out of her thoughts.

"Huh...?" She looked at her tutor who was staring at her with concerned eyes. "I'm..."

Mrs. Finger smiled as she saw the guilty look on Y/n's face. They're studying again today, but her student can't seem to focus.

"Shall we move on to a different study?"

Y/n pursued her lips, she stared at the history book placed in front of her. Mrs. Finger was discussing the Eldian history, but she wasn't able to understand since she's been spacing out. "I'm sorry. Please just continue. I'll make sure to listen this-"

"History could be quite boring so I understand, my lady. Maybe you need something that will refresh your mind."

The h/c-haired lady sighed once more.

She's worrited that Mrs. Finger might be upset because she wasn't listening. "Don't worry, my lady. I hate studying history, too. But it's important so we really have to learn about history." Y/n stared at Mrs. Finger.

Mrs. Finger is such a gentle person.

Y/n pursued her lips. Her eyes roamed around the lilies on their surrounding.

Today, Y/n decided to have her lessons at the garden of lilies that her fiancé gifted to her. Maybe it's why I can't focus...Y/n felt her cheeks warmed up upon remembering last night. The emperor kissed my cheek, and even held my hand. I don't understand.

"Hmm...this is a good one."

Y/n's brows shot-up upon hearing Mrs. Finger spoke. She looked at her teacher.

Her eyes widened when she saw the book that Mrs. Finger was holding. "T-that book!"

Mrs. Finger let out a small laugh.

"Yes, my lady. It's a good time to study the principles of being a wife to an emperor."

Y/n gulped.

She felt her heart begin to race fast.

She knows that it isn't just about that.

That book contains...not so kid friendly.

"My lady, do you know how many days you have to spend with the emperor alone after your wedding?" Mrs. Finger asked, smiling.

The h/c-haired lady shook her head.

Mrs. Finger opened the book to a certain page. Y/n was flustered seeing that it's the lesson about consummating. Oh my god.

"You have to spend at least three nights with the emperor after getting married, and in those three nights, you should not miss out on any chance to consummate with his majesty. This has been a rule in the imperial household for decades already, as it was the way of making sure to secure an heir to the throne..." Mrs. Finger stated.

Y/n's jaw dropped.

Three nights...goodness.

Mrs. Finger stared at Y/n.

Her lips curled up into an amused smile.

"I will give you a task, my lady. Read this book tonight, and tell me everything you've learned tomorrow." The woman said.

Y/n had no choice but to agree.

It's not like she can refuse Mrs. Finger.

Even if she is higher in terms of position, Mrs. Finger is still her personal teacher, and the black-haired woman older than her. She has to respect the nice woman.