part xlvi

Word Count - 2,450 words

"Bravo...!!"

The empress had a wide smile that plastered on her lips upon seeing that her arrow hit bulls eye on the target.

She put her bow down, and looked at her younger brother, standing beside her and looking so proud of her first bulls eye.

Her young brother, King Lionel, was also the one who taught her how to use the bow and arrow. "It's a shame that I wouldn't be able to join the royal hunt this month." Y/n said, she pouted, putting down her bow.

The empress placed a hand over her stomach, then gently caressed her small baby bump. "My little peanut needs to be safe." She let out a small chuckle, then.

Lionel removed his coat, placing it over his older sister. It began to become windy, and the skies had started to suddenly turn dark.

"We should get back, sis. I think It'll rain."

"Hmm. Maybe you're right."

The king offered his arm to his older sister, he let her hold onto him as they left.

"Sis...I have a question for you."

Y/n looked at Lionel, raising a brow. She was quite amused, seeing the hesitance of Lionel's expression. "Do ask me, Lionel."

"...will you support me if I marry someone who isn't a noble lady?" Lionel asked.

The empress remained quiet, her lips trembled from her urge to flash a smile.

"...someone who isn't an Eldian?"

Lionel looked at her, brows furrowing while he looked so anxious waiting for her answer. Y/n flashed her brother with a small smile. "Before I answer you, I also have a question you should answer first."

The Tybur siblings stared at each other.

Lionel felt even more anxious.

He respects Y/n more than he respects himself, and the people around him. So his sister's opinions are always important for him. Her support, love, and care are the things he seeks for. Y/n is important to him.

"Will you be able to protect that lady?"

The King's eyes widened a bit, he was too stunned to answer immediately. A good few minutes passed with him staring at his older sister before he was able to answer.

And he was only able to do so, when his eyes caught Frieda from afar, talking to Lady Danaya, smiling so beautifully.

Lionel clenched his fists, he gulped then stared straight into his older sister's e/c-eyes. "Yes, I will protect that lady with all my might. With everything I've got."

His answer made his sister close her eyes, smiling with relief.

"Then I am very much accepting of whom you want to marry, King Lionel."

--

Days and weeks passed, until Y/n realized that she had been staying at Marley for two weeks. She only got one week left before she will come back to Paradis Island.

"Your majesty!"

Y/n was interrupted from her embroidery when Lady Finger came in, looking so excited and happy. She looked at her lady-in-waiting, smiling as she can't help but also feel excited.

"What seems to excite you, Lady Finger?"

Lady Finger immediately curtsy.

"Forgive me, your majesty. But I came here in a rush to tell you that King Lionel was able to obtain the grand price for the royal hunt. He was also the one who was able to hunt the main predator."