part xxxiv

Word Count - 2,385 words

"Woah..."

Eleanor looked so amazed, watching the magic show occurring in the stage of Wall Rose's central plaza. She smiled widely, clapping her hands when the magician took out a rose from his black, empty hat.

"Ooh! Did you saw that, Evan?!"

Her twin-brother nodded with her question. Compare to her, Evan looks rather bored. He knows magic aren't real, and that there are just tricks behind it.

But Evan being the good twin-brother he is, just let Eleanor be amazed because he does not want to ruin his twin-sister's happiness.

"A bird! Why was there a bird in his hat?!"

Y/n looked at the young princess.

She let out a small chuckle as she saw the shocked and curious look on the Princess' face. "Father, how did he do that?!"

Eleanor held his father's hand, shaking it, wanting his father to answer her quickly.

"I...I'm not quite sure, my love."

The young princess looked at her father, frowning. I thought he is a smart man...

After the magic show at the central plaza, the emperor, empress and the royal twins went to the market in Karanese district.

There were a lot of food stalls, different stores and places for some entertainment.

"My lady, what is that...?"

Evan asked while staring at a boy his age eating a cotton-looking food on a thin stick.

Y/n looked at where Evan is staring.

She smiled as she looked back at the young crown prince. "That is cotton candy, your highness. It's sweet and soft. Would you like to try one?" The h/c-haired woman asked.

Evan looked at her, looking hesitant to answer. But she already knows what the young crown prince's answer would be.

"Let's buy."

Y/n held Evan's hand, she pulled him with her, making their way to the cotton-candy store. Erwin who was occupied buying an ice cream for Eleanor immediately noticed the empress and his only son were leaving.

"Here's your ice cream, sir."

Erwin looked at the ice cream vendor.

He smiled as he accepted the dessert.

"Thank you."

The emperor gave the chocolate flavored ice cream to Eleanor, while he kept a hold of his vanilla ice cream, and two other chocolate ice cream for Evan and Y/n.

"Hmm? Where is Evan and her majesty?" Eleanor said, while licking her ice cream.

She smiled when she saw the two, but she was distracted when her eyes caught a cute puppy sitting on the side, with its tongue lolling out. "Father, look! It's a puppy...!!"

"Yes...he's cute."

Erwin was in disbelief when Eleanor suddenly sprinted towards the puppy. 

"Ellie! Don't run!"

Y/n and Evan got back, both of them holding two sticks of blue and pink cotton candy. "Huh...Where is her highness...?"

The h/c-haired woman asked.

She looked around, and almost laughed, seeing Eleanor feeding her ice cream to the stray puppy. "I bought that ice cream for her, but now she's just feeding it to that little one." Erwin spoke, making her look at the emperor.