part lii

Word Count - 2,455 words

(Empire of Eldia, Paradis Island)

Yet it's another sleepless night for Erwin.

Another lonely night to stare at his beloved's portrait.

Just another sorrowful night to stay awake until his body resigns to exhaustion, so then he will only be able to rest.

"Are you just gonna stay here, your majesty? I'm waiting, you know?"

The emperor let out a sigh.

He closed his eyes, keeping himself leaning back on his seat, totally ignoring the voice of his wife that he knows is his only imagination.

It's just me. She isn't real.

"And now you're ignoring me, too?"

His brows furrowed, fists clenched tightly and kept on the armrest of his chair.

Ignore it. She isn't real.

She's not really here.

"You won't even look at me anymore?"

"Because you aren't real!"

The once silent room was disturbed after the emperor shouted. He looked to his side where he imagined his wife had been standing and talking to him.

"I don't want to look at you...because it would only hurt me! If I realized one more time that you are not here anymore...!!! That this is all just because of my mind..."

Erwin stared at Y/n with his teary blue eyes evident with so much pain and loneliness.

He felt his heart aching the moment he saw the sad smile on his wife's face.

"If I have to look at you, at least...be really there."

The emperor shut his eyes, letting tears streamed down to his cheeks. He looked down and silently cried. "I'm going insane, Y/n...I don't know what to do anymore...I want...I want you to come back, please..."

Indeed, this is just another painful and lonely night for a man who has everything but seemed to have lost everything, too.

"Can't I just be with you, my love? Can't I just leave this world and join you?"

--

(The Orient, Empire of Hizuru)

"Good morning, my love."

Y/n slowly opened her eyes, feeling a soft kiss against her cheek. Her cheeks began to burn from the sudden blood rush upon realizing her situation with Sota right now.

Her husband let out a small chuckle after she hid her face on the pillow, her back is facing Sota while he also hugs her from behind. "Dear, If you get shy, I will, too."

The h/c-haired woman shifted to her place, now lying on her stomach.

She looked at Sota and smiled upon seeing the gentleness of her husband's expression.

"Good morning." She mouthed silently.

Yet she felt flustered once more seeing her husband's exposed chest, and the marks she left on him last night.

"I want to just stay here, but if I won't go to work, my boss will surely berate me."

Sota sat up, letting the comforter he was using to cover himself up fall down until his lower body. He kept a hold on Y/n's hand. "I'll cook our breakfast today. Stay here and rest for a while. Are you hurt anywhere?" The man softly asked.