part xxix

Word Count - 2,115 words

The officials of the Right Faction of the Eldian imperial government were all in silence while they stared at the newly appointed officials of the imperial government on their opposite side.

After Her Ladyship Y/n regained her consciousness, the emperor has officially appointed and announced the new officials of the Left Faction.

The new Left Faction is now being led by the new Duchess of wall Sina, Duchess Dina Fritz, and the new Minister of Tax, and now also a Viscount, Viscount Leonhart.

It was such a shock for all the officials of the Right Faction, even to everyone in the imperial palace as well as the local officials and the commoners of the Eldian empire.

Duchess Ackerman raised a brow.

Her thin, natural pinkish lips turned up into a small smirk because of amusement.

She side-eyed Dr. Jaeger, who looks awkward just because Duchess Fritz is currently speaking to the emperor.

"We are grateful for your majesty and her ladyship. In return, we promise to serve you well, and the people of our empire."

Erwin smiled a bit as he watched Duchess Fritz and the other Left Faction members bowed at him.

"Lady Y/n rooted for all of you, and she will forever do. She has good judgment for people, that is why I believe that all of you will be able to do what you just promised me."

Duchess Fritz smiled, she glanced at the Right Faction and caught Duchess Ackerman's glance.

They politely smiled at each other.

But then her smile slowly faltered upon meeting Dr. Jaeger's eyes. Dina gulped, she let out a sigh and just chose to look away.

Maybe the reason why she accepted Y/n's offer was because she wanted to prove herself to someone. She wanted to show her ex-husband that she is a woman whom he shouldn't have left for just a mere maid.

"As you all know, Lady Y/n regained consciousness five days ago, we have already talked about a lot of things, including our wedding. I would like to announce that it'll happen earlier than we planned to, as well as her coronation."

Erwin stared at his loyal subjects.

Somehow, he feels relieved.

Because this time, the people he's talking to are obviously good people.

"Our wedding will be three days from now, and her ladyship's coronation will take place after we spend our three days alone."

Everyone was shocked.

It's too soon, and they haven't prepared anything yet.

"That is all, ladies and gentlemen. You are all dismissed now. Thank you for your time."

--

Nanaba and Mike both stared at Y/n, watching her kneeling down on the cold marble ground, as the h/c-haired lady is praying to Goddess Nadia.

Y/n doesn't have a temple in the imperial palace, so she uses the abandoned hall near her residence to pray to Marley's patron goddess.

"I never took her ladyship for the religious type." Nanaba mumbled.

"Haven't you heard from Sir Levi?" Mike whispered.

Nanaba looked at Mike, raising a brow. "You're such a gossiper. Tell me."

The blond guy almost chuckled, but Nanaba glared at him. They can't laugh, it'll be disrespectful for their mistress.

"Lady Y/n is said to be the chosen one of Marley's patron goddess, Goddess Nadia. When that kidnapping incident happened back to Marley, Lady Y/n was abducted, when they found her, she was safe and being protected by a huge white tiger."