part xlix

Word Count - 2,022 words

Year 843

The emperor of the Eldian empire, Emperor Erwin Smith, the sun lion of the Eldians, traveled to Marley to renew the peace treaty between the Eldian empire and the Marleyan kingdom.

In the same year was also when he met his second wife, and the new empress of the Eldian empire, Lady Y/n Tybur, an illegitimate child of the previous Marleyan king, and half-sister of King Willy Tybur.

The renewal of the peace treaty between Marley and Eldia was publicized by the announcement of  Emperor Smith and Lady Y/n's engagement, and the treaty and alliance was legalized when Lady Y/n finally became the empress of the Eldian empire.

Year 844

The year of the emperor and his wife's marriage happened. It was also in this year whn Lady Y/n was crowned as the new empress of the Eldian empire

Year 850

The emperor and empress were married for six years, without consummating their marriage. There were lots of doubts and hesitations before their secret love for each other even bloomed.

In the same year was also the year where the empress and emperor finally confessed their love to each other, and spent the night together.

Empress Y/n got pregnant with the emperor's child three months later.

But then the empress had to leave for Marley to help her brother, clueless about the conflict that her husband was hiding from her.

And so, this resulted in tragedy.

- Thy Empress -

(The Final Season)

Year 854

The throne room became dead silent when the large door opened. It was a deafening silence for both the factions members.

They lowered their heads down as the emperor walked in, his heavy footsteps echoed all over the silent throne room.

"Duchess Ackerman, how is the war going on in the west?"

Kuchel looked at the emperor, only to see the emperor reading an appeal, he looks so uninterested unlike the emperor she knows back in the past.

"Your majesty, we were finally able to recover the west territory from the Eastern kingdom. Though we've lost a lot of knights, there were too many casualties...the families of the dead are petitioning for compensation for their loss...I'm afraid this might cause a dispute between the imperial government and the mass if we won't abide by what they want."

Erwin threw the appeal he was reading, shocking Kuchel as well as the others.

The emperor suddenly looked mad.

"Why am I still receiving appeals about getting a new empress?"

No one was able to answer.

Erwin glared at the right faction.

"Everyone in the right faction signed in to the appeal. I'm certain I have made myself clear that I am not getting a third wife, and another empress."

The emperor shut his eyes, he stood up from his throne seat, then walked out, making his way to the door.

"This assembly is done. And I won't let it slide next time I receive another appeal about getting a new wife and empress."

Erwin left the throne room, leaving everyone in silence, and abandoning his duties for today.