part iii

Word Count - 2,655 words

"Ah!! No!! My lady!!"

Erwin's eyes are wide-open.

His arms are wrapped around Y/n who collapsed on him after an arrow passed by her left arm and caused a deep cut. 

The white gloves that the blond-man is wearing were stained by Y/n's blood. 

Philip's eyes widened when he saw his friend's state. "My lady!!" The red-haired man yelled in horror, seeing
Y/n looking so pale and weak, as if she was shot instead.

The red-haired man gritted his teeth, he wants to go towards Y/n, but the emperor's knights are blocking the way for him.

Philip roamed his eyes around, he gritted his teeth upon sighting two men from afar running away. "The criminals are escaping! Hurry and chase them!!" The man ordered.

Thankfully, the king, the queen and the princess were immediately escorted back inside the royal palace by sir Gerald. 

Now, he doesn't have to guard anyone else other than lady Y/n. "Yes, captain!"

The red-haired man looked back at his best friend, he was in relief when he saw Emperor Smith carrying Y/n while they're being escorted inside the palace. Danaya and Y/n's maid-servants are also following.

"Hey, do you know any shortcuts here?!"

Philip was interrupted when the emperor's knight spoke to him. He nodded at sir Levi. 

"Yes! I'll go with you to chase the culprits!" 

Sir Levi, along with other knights and Sir Philip left to chase after the assassins who tried to hard Emperor Smith. It's obvious.

The target was the Emperor of Eldia.

--

Lionel opened the door to Y/n's room, he moved to the side to let the emperor who's carrying his older sister to head inside.

Erwin immediately but carefully laid the h/c-haired lady to her bed. He swallowed the lump on his threat as he roamed his eyes around. "We need to get a doctor in here immediately! It seems that the arrow that cut Lady Y/n was poisoned...hurry up!"

Danaya nodded, tearing up. 

She wiped her tears then immediately left. 

The emperor stood at the side, staring at the h/c-haired lady with creased eyebrows.

Lionel kneeled beside Y/n's bed.

The youngest Tybur's eyes are glossy while he stares at his older sister, he's even holding her left hand very tightly.

"Sister...please hold on…" 

Y/n's eyes are shut, brows are creased. 

She's half-conscious but her mind is too fuzzy to even register what's happening around her. 

Her hearing is faint, so even if Lionel talks to her, she can't understand a word he says. Her chest keeps heaving up and down from her ragged breathing. She just feels so weak, as if she's on her deathbed.

Well, she is. 

"Your majesty, can't we do something?! Like first aid?!" Lionel turned to Erwin.

The blond-man sighed. "We can't. The poison might react even more if we try to heal her by first aid. We need to wait for a royal physician." Lionel curses under his breath. He doesn't care if the emperor is with him. He's more worried for his sister.

Erwin looked at the door when it opened. 

King Willy barged in, looking so shocked upon seeing what state his sister was in.