part lxviii

Word Count - 3,122 words

"Your majesty...the empress has arrived."

Erwin turned around, his eyes landing on the door across from the altar he's standing at. So suddenly, the people around faded away the moment the door slowly opened and a familiar woman appeared outside the door, wearing a grand wedding dress.

The emperor swallowed the lump on his throat. His fists unintentionally clenched, feeling nervous and excited all at once.

He watched as his wife slowly walked in, holding a bouquet of lilies in her hand, while a long white veil was worn in her head. Erwin could feel his heart racing fast, like he's some teenager seeing his crush.

Y/n still has that effect on him.

Making him feel so deep in love even if they've been married for years, even if they got separated, and even if this is already the second time they'll be getting married.

Everything still feels like the first time.

A smile slowly crept onto his lips as he saw his wife smiling at him.

She's a few steps closer to him.

Just a few steps, and he'll finally be able to hold her hand, just a few steps and finally he can tell his wife that she's so beautiful.

Just a few steps, he can  finally say his vows to her.

And just a few steps and they'll be married again.

"Your majesty."

At last, she was finally in front of him.

The h/c-haired woman curtsied to him, despite wearing a heavy wedding dress, she was still able to curtsy properly.

Erwin bowed at his wife, taking her hand to hold it. He kept his eyes on Y/n while he kissed the back of her hand. "Empress..."

"You look...really beautiful today."

The empress let out a small chuckle.

"Thank you, your majesty...and you look good yourself."

Y/n walked towards the emperor, standing beside him as they finally faced their wedding officiant. She looked at Erwin, since she could feel him staring at her.

Their wedding officiant started the ceremony, but none between her and her husband bothered to listen.

She just smiled and chose to focus her attention on their wedding officiant while her husband kept his eyes on her.

"Emperor Erwin Smith. The Sun Lion of the Eldian Empire, do you take Empress Y/n Tybur Smith as your lawful wife...again?"

Y/n looked at Erwin. She almost got lost in his blue eyes that have been staring deep.

"Yes, I do."

"Empress Y/n Tybur-Smith. Do you take Emperor Erwin Smith as your lawful husband...again?"

The h/c-haired woman smiled at Erwin.

"Yes, I do."

The officiant gave their rings to each other. Y/n took Erwin's and her husband took hers.

"You may now say your vows as you give the matrimonial rings of your partner."

Erwin took a deep breath. He's the one to go first. His eyes never left Y/n. Since she walked down the aisle, he's done nothing but admire his beautiful bride. "My empress...my Y/n...my love..." The emperor gulped. Now, the nervousness is too much.