part xxiii

Word Count - 1,755 words

"My lady, please meet Dina Fritz, she will be my assistant teacher today. She teaches Ethics at the academy, but also specializes in the subject of marriages and family..."

Y/n stood up from her seat, she smiled as she offered a hand to Dina. Zeke's mother.

"It is a pleasure to meet you, Ms. Fritz."

Dina accepted her hand.

She was stunned when the blonde woman kissed the back of her hand as she curtsy to her. "I'm very honored to have you as my student, my lady." Dina said with a smile.

Y/n can't help but see Zeke in Dina.

Both are gentle-mannered, though Zeke is way more playful, while Dina is careful.

"I have come with my son today, my lady. But he isn't allowed to see you as you're the emperor's fiancé. My son is still an unmarried young man. It's not appropriate for you and him to meet." Dina said.

The h/c-haired lady awkwardly smiled.

He already saw me though...

"That is fine. I hope he enjoys strolling around the imperial palace. Shall we start? The weather is nice for learning today."

Dina and Y/n took a seat on their respective chairs, as well as Mrs. Finger.

They're going to team up in teaching Y/n about the lesson Y/n was tasked to learn about just last night.

"So if I were to give birth to a prince, my son will be appointed as the crown prince because I'm the reigning empress? What would happen to Prince Evan, then...?"

Y/n asked. She looks uncomfortable with the fact that she learned. "Yes, my lady. It has always been like that. As for Prince Evan, he will be given the position of a Grand Prince, or an archduke of a land or any high position higher than the loyal subjects of the emperor. For me it isn't bad, but for the others it might be an insult to Prince Evan as he is the first son of the emperor, and previous empress."

The h/c-haired lady swallowed the lump on her throat. "Prince Evan should still be the crown prince." Dina and Mrs. Finger were both surprised by Y/n's statement.

"As a respect to the previous empress, I'm sure the emperor would also want that. I do not mind if my son won't become the crown prince and future emperor, I only want the best for my child." Y/n said.

Dina and Mrs. Finger stared at Y/n.

They both smiled at Y/n's answer.

She passed the test of being a good mother, though it wasn't the right answer when they're basing on the book's teaching.

Dina is grading Y/n by her own basis.

"If the emperor took in a concubine, I should respect the decision, and be a role model to his woman as the senior woman leading the inner court." Y/n recited.

Though she said it perfectly, her face screams great disagreement.

"My lady, is tht how you really feel?"

Y/n stared at Dina with a stunned face.

"Pardon...?"

Dina sighed. "Will you really be okay with the emperor taking in a concubine?"

Y/n went silent for a moment while she keep her stare at the blonde woman.

She then looked away, brows furrowing. Her mind began to imagine Erwin.

The blond man will go to her and inform her about a woman he took interest in, and to take the woman in as his concubine.

Y/n felt heaviness in her heart, her breathing became fast as she felt the sudden anger rising within her. She clenched her fist out of annoyance.