part xxvii

Word Count - 2,045 words

"Is Dr. Jaeger inside?!"

The servants of the Jaeger mansion panicked the moment they heard that the emperor's royal knight had come to the mansion. What's more surprising is that Sir Levi looks like he really is in a rush.

"Sir Levi...Dr. Jaeger went to Wall Rose for the monthly check up for the Garrisons, so he isn't here right now-"

Levi shut his eyes, he immediately turned his back on the servants and made his way out of the Jaeger mansion.

Shit...there's no one else who can cure an imperial member of the family...not even a local physician can touch a royal...

"Captain Levi!! We have terrible news!"

The raven-haired man looked back only to see Petra, one of his knights' members.

"The emperor has sent a messenger, we have to hurry to go back with Dr. Jaeger! Her ladyship is on the brink of death!"

Levi clenched his fists, he pulled his horse then hopped on it. "Go back first! I'll look-"

The raven-haired man wasn't able to continue what he was saying when he realized something. Someone could do it...

"Oluo!"

"Yes, captain?!"

"Go to Lady Dina's mansion and ask for Zeke Yeager! We need him in the palace!"

"Roger, captain!"

Oluo went ahead to go to Zeke's home, while his squad mates followed behind.

Levi on the other hand will go back to the palace to assist the emperor with Y/n.

--

Erwin has a hold tight on Y/n's hand, as if he doesn't want her to let go so he's holding on tight to her.

At this point, Y/n is already on the verge of giving up. She looks so pale, sweaty and just about to lose breath at any moment.

Thankfully, there was an emergency antidote in the palace, Erwin made Y/n take it, somehow it slowed down the rush of poison in her system.

Y/n is also doing her best in fighting it.

Erwin caressed Y/n's forehead, wiping off the sweat on it. The h/c-haired lady has her eyes closed, but he knows she's conscious.

"My lady..."

The h/c-haired lady slowly opened her eyes, Erwin felt heavy the moment he saw the tears on Y/n's eyes. I don't understand...why I always have to feel this way whenever I see you suffering.

"After you get treated, let's get married immediately." Erwin whispered. So that no one will dare to hurt you anymore.

Y/n closed her eyes, tears streaming down to her cheeks. Her grip on Erwin's hand loosened, a sign of her almost letting go.

But Erwin didn't let her do so.

"I'm really sorry..."

The blond man shut his eyes, he brought
Y/n's hand close to his lips then kissed it.

"I wasn't able to protect you..."

"N-no..."

Erwin looked at Y/n, shocked to hear her speak despite her painful situation.

He stared at her with now a worried and concerned look.

"It...wasn't...your fault."

The h/c-haired lady coughed. Yet again, Y/n puked blood. Erwin immediately picked up the damp cloth on the bedside table to wipe Y/n's mouth, never minding that he might get blood on himself, too.