part lxv

Word Count - 2,850 words

Three Months Later

A smile has been plastered on Y/n's lips while she watches her husband teaching their daughter how to pronounce her full name. Elizabeth is seated on Erwin's lap, while Erwin is seated on his office chair.

Instead of working on the reports and appeals on his table, Erwin chose to spend time with his daughter who came knocking on his door earlier because she was bored.

"Ewizabeth Tybwur Swith!"

Y/n and Erwin both let out a laugh because of Elizabeth pronouncing her name. She sure made a lot of mispronunciation but that only made her sound very adorable.

"Again, peanut...Elizabeth Tybur Smith..."

The emperor encouraged his daughter to pronounce correctly, flashing Elizabeth a wide smile. "E...Elizabeth T-Tybur...Swith!"

Erwin chuckled once again.

His daughter just can't pronounce his last name right. "It's Smith, baby. Not Swith..."

"Swith!"

"Smith."

"S-Swith!"

Y/n laughed, shaking her head. Cute...

Even if their daughter had made a lot of mistakes and couldn't seem to do it right for now, her husband remained understanding and patient with their daughter.

After all, Elizabeth is only four years old, their daughter is still so young to speak in a clear manner. "Okay, its enough for now."

Erwin and Elizabeth looked at her after speaking. She stood up, making her way to the two. "His majesty needs to work, Elizabeth. We need to go for now, hm?"

Elizabeth pouted, brows furrowing.

The little girl frowned, then shook her head. She wrapped her short arms in her father's neck then buried her face on the crook of her father's neck. "I don't wanna!"

Erwin let out a low chuckle. He embraced Elizabeth, placing a hand on her back, then gently patted it. "peanut don't wanna..."

Y/n gave Erwin a disapproving look when the emperor gave her a pleading look. Your majesty, you need to work. Y/n thought.

The emperor sighed as he nodded.

I know, but Elizabeth wants to stay.

The two stared at each other for a while, communicating through their eyes.

Erwin was caught off guard when his wife crossed her arms over her chest and stared at him firmly and straight in his blue eyes.

Fine...fine...I will work now.

"Peanut...I have to work now or else I will lose my job, and your mother will get mad at both of us when that happens...hahaha."

Erwin and Elizabeth looked at each other, both of them looking sad that they have to part for now. The blond man flashed Elizabeth one big smile. "But I'll come play with you later as soon as I'm done, okay?"

The little girl smiled widely, she raised her small pinky finger. "Okay! Make pwomise!"

"Promise." Erwin interlocked his pinky finger to his daughter's small one, then kissed her forehead. "Love you, peanut."

"Wuv you, too!"

Y/n took Elizabeth from her husband who still looks like to keep holding onto Erwin.

The h/c-haired woman gave the blond man a commanding stare, warning him to work already. Her husband only laughed at her.