part xxxvii

Word Count - 1,575 words

"Are you crazy?!"

Y/n went outside, despite the rain. She didn't want to let her friend get soaked even more in the cold and heavy rain.

Zeke smiled at the h/c-haired woman.

Even when Y/n is glaring at him because of feeling annoyed by what he's done. "Why did you come here tonight? And why now when it's raining?" The empress asked.

She frowned when Zeke tried to speak, and so she outnumbered him. "And don't even answer because I like rain, and I wish to dance under the rain." Y/n annoyedly said.

What she said earned a chuckle from Zeke.

The blond man didn't say anything and just stared at her with a soft gaze.

Y/n seemed to have forgotten that she's also getting soaked from the rain. She just ran out of her palace just to approach her friend.

She stiffened in her place when Zeke held her hand. He placed one of her hands on his shoulder, while he kept a hold of the other, and Zeke placed a hand on her waist.

"Zeke, are you serious-"

"Yes, I am."

The h/c-haired woman was just in disbelief as Zeke began to move, slow dancing while they're under the rain.

"I'm relieved tonight, your majesty."

"Because of what?"

Y/n ended up going along Zeke's trip. Her lips turned up into a smile as Zeke twirled her around. "Because you are here with me. Dancing under the rain..." Zeke said.

Her back faced Zeke, he leaned back on him while Zeke wrapped an arm around her, and their hands held each other.

"Maybe we look like idiots, dancing without a song."

"That is fine. I'm still happy about this."

Zeke turned Y/n around again, this time he placed both of his hands on her waist as he slowly swayed along with her. Th upey kept eye contact, which is something he loves.

The h/c-haired woman looks like she's just enjoying her dance, and the pouring rain.

Y/n's only being friendly, and enjoying his company. But here he is, trying his best to keep to himself his admiration and wish to  pull Y/n into an embrace, and hold himself back from confessing to her how he feels.

It's not like the h/c-haired woman doesn't know. But what Y/n knows is that he has already forgotten about how he feels for her. That there is nothing for her anymore.

"You're lucky my knights are currently out."

"Would they arrest me for coming here?"

"Yes. It's late at night, you idiot."

"My goodness...did the empress just call someone an idiot?"

Y/n let out a small chuckle, she leaned back while Zeke kept a hold on her. Their eyes met, and stared deeply into one another.

"You're a friend to me, not just someone."

I don't want to be your friend.

"At least sugarcoat it, your majesty."

"I am not that kind of person."

"Right. You're blunt and cold."

Zeke helped Y/n to stand properly, at the same time they finished dancing, the rain became light, until it came to stop.