part lxiv

Word Count - 1,995 words

(Eldian Empire, Paradis Island)

The throne room of the Eldian palace, for the first time, is completely occupied with all the people of the imperial government.

Every member of the emperor's council is present. The Right and Left Faction.

As well as the important organizations of the Eldian empire. The Church of the Walls and the Royal and Local Knights council.

They have all come to welcome the empress back, and pay respect to the mother of their empire. "His majesty, the emperor, and her majesty, the empress has finally arrived...!!"

All turned around to look back at the entrance door. There were mixed reactions and emotions coming from the people inside the throne room upon seeing the emperor walking in with his empress.

Y/n kept her eyes on her way, walking confidently with her head held high.

She has one of her hands hooked around Erwin's arm, because her husband refused to let her walk to the throne room without holding him. "Everyone's staring at you."

The h/c-haired woman looked at her husband who spoke. "Obviously, your majesty. Everyone inside here thought I died, it's no surprise that they'll be staring at me when I'm here." Y/n sassily said.

Erwin smiled, letting out a small chuckle.

"Right, my empress."

Y/n looked at the people, seeing them bow at her and Erwin. Her eyes then landed on the Left Faction members who had the most genuine reaction and emotions in them.

Most of them are tearing up and smiling upon her return. Her eyes flew over to a familiar woman among the Left Faction.

The guilt and regret immediately succumbed to her as she met Lady Dina's gaze. Yet the blond woman smiled at her,
as she wasn't the reason as to why Zeke died. I should talk to Lady Dina, and visit Zeke with her after all of this. Y/n thought.

Erwin and the h/c-haired woman reached their seats at the front. The two faced their people, and everyone bowed at them again.

Y/n and Erwin sat down on their respective seats at the same time, and their subjects had greeted them and even applauded.

Today, marks the continuation of
empress Y/n Tybur-Smith's reign.

--

"Your humble servants welcomes you back, your majesty."

Y/n smiled as she watched the Left Faction members bow to her.

Not only them, but also her knights, including Sir Reiner, Sir Bertolt, Sir Porco, Sir Marcel, Lady Pieck, Lady Annie, Sir Eren, Lady Mikasa, Sir Armin, Lady Sasha, Sir Jean, Sir Marco, Lady Ymir, and Sir Connie.

Lady Historia and Lady Finger are also present to personally welcome her back.

"All of you...even after four years had passed, and even with my death, you remained loyal to me. I don't know how I can thank all of you. And I'm so happy."

Everyone stared at the empress.

They still can't believe that they're seeing her again. The empress is really someone they look up to. Someone they highly have respect. She is someone they would die for.

That's how far their devotion can go.

"Your majesty, you do not need to thank us. In fact, we should be apologizing to you. When you were not around, we had a hard time managing the things you left behind. And it was hard to defend what you own. We were all scared that they might be taken away from you once a new empress gets appointed. Forgive us for failing."