part lxi

Word Count - 2,322 words

"Y/n...?"

The empress' brows furrowed. She slowly opened her eyes, letting out a small groan. Her vision was blurry at first, until she closed her eyes again and opened them again, then she clearly saw her husband.

Erwin is staring down at her, his blue eyes screaming of relief and longing while they met hers. She didn't bother with how tight the emperor was holding her, she must've gotten used to it since last night. "Erwin..."

The emperor smiled, softly kissing her forehead. "You're really here with me."

"Yes..." Y/n mumbled.

She scooted closer to Erwin, burying her face onto his chest. She's still sleepy, after all she's too exhausted from last night. The emperor and her indeed had a long night.

"I'm sorry..."

"Hm? About what?" Y/n looked up at Erwin.

The h/c-haired woman slowly sat up, holding the white blanket over her chest.

Her face turned sour from feeling the pain on her back, between her legs, and even on her abdomen. "Because I lost control last night." The emperor cupped her cheek, he gently caressed her cheek using his thumb.

Y/n's eyes closed as she let out a small chuckle, and also covered her mouth.

The sound of her little chuckle made the emperor stiffen in his place and stare at her for a moment. "Your majesty...this wasn't the first time you lose control whenever we do it..." Y/n flashed Erwin a teasing smile.

"Don't tell me you forgot those nights?"

A faint blush crawled onto Erwin's cheeks.

He grabbed Y/n by the waist, pulling her close to him. He laid his head down on her lap, wrapping his arms around her waist.

"You just came back...yet you're already teasing me. That makes me feel like you just went on a vacation somewhere far, Y/n."

Y/n only smiled. She didn't say anything and just stared at the blond man who was also staring at her. One of her hands made its way to cup the emperor's right cheek, while the other gently raked his soft hair.

"Your majesty...we have a lot to talk about."

Erwin nodded his head. He grabbed Y/n's hand that was cupping his cheek, bringing it to his lips, and planting a kiss on her soft palm. "I know...I have a lot to tell you, too."

The h/c-haired woman saw the guilt that crept onto Erwin's face. She already knows what it could be. It must be about his relationship with the Hizuru princess.

"Let's listen to each other, my empress."

"Yes, your majesty. We'll listen to each other's stories."

--

Tears streamed down to Y/n's cheeks, remembering Sota. She told the emperor everything, from how she was found, how she lived without her memories, and how she began to remember the same memories she had forgotten after four long years.

"Sota...this man...he took care of you."

Y/n nodded as she wiped her tears.

Erwin let out a sigh. He brought Y/n in his arms, embracing her. He knows now, how Y/n survived, how she lived and came back.

His wife told him everything.

"I'm sorry..." The emperor mumbled.

He also heard of Sota's passing. When he heard of Sota and Y/n living as a married couple for four years, he felt upset, but then he knew that Y/n didn't mean to be with another man. She was clueless, like a baby.