part xx

Word Count - 2,422 words

"How is Lady Y/n's learning?"

Erwin kept his eyes on the appeals he's holding and reading, there's a lot of them from the three different walls and districts. 

Appeals from the local officials, from the people and also from some of his subjects.

The blond man has been kept inside his office, doing his ruling duties. Erwin being in his position as the emperor of the Eldian empire does not give him all the time in the world. He's always cooped up in his office.

"She's doing great. Lady Y/n is surprisingly a fast learner. By now, she's memorized all the rules of the inner court. It won't be too soon when she'll finally be able to finish her studies in ruling as the empress of the empire." Hange answered the emperor.

She raised a brow while staring at Erwin.

She knows that even when the emperor is always busy, he always finds time to check up on his fiancé.

Even when the emperor won't go to Y/n personally most of the time, Erwin would always ask how the young lady is doing.

"How long has it been since we arrived?"

The emperor let out a sigh after asking, he put his quill pen down on a small jar then took off his eyeglass. He closed his eyes for a moment to let it rest. "One month has already passed, your majesty." Hange said.

Erwin nodded, he stood up from his seat and decided to do some stretching, making Hange smile. Even before Erwin became the emperor, her friend has always been busy. If he's not occupied with paperwork, then his nose is stuck on a boring book.

"I see...then we should prepare already."

"Prepare for what?" Hange asked.

The blond man looked outside through the window. It's already night time and the moon is out in the dark night sky.

"To prepare for my and Lady Y/n's wedding, and for her coronation."

--

Y/n closed the last book she has on her table, she finished it. It's a book about the moral teachings of an Eldian woman.

Mostly it's a book intended for noble ladies to study in the Eldian empire, but as it was developed into something a more valuable book, it became a learning guide for crown princesses and princesses of Eldia.

Now, it's only intended for royal ladies.

"Have you enjoyed the book, my lady?"

The h/c-haired lady looked at her tutor.

Mrs. Finger, she's  a teacher from the most prestigious school for ladies in Eldia.

And she was chosen by Erwin to teach Y/n about the rules of the inner court, how to become a good empress to the people, and how to become a good wife to the sole ruler of the Eldian empire.

She teaches ethics, morals, law and more.

"Yes, I've learned a lot." Y/n said.

She placed the book on the side, and stared outside through the window. "In Marley, women are always behind men, they're not respected as highly as how women are respected here in Eldia. I'm still surprised to know that women here in Eldia will always be superior to men." Y/n said.

Mrs. Finger smiled as she nodded.

"Eldian women are not only intended for childbirth, to serve their husbands and to do housework. Eldian women are powerful and leaders. We do not bow down to men, my lady. Please always remember that..."