part lxxii

Word Count - 630 words

Special Chapter 4

{15 years later}

Eleanor & Evan - 33 years old

Elizabeth - 25 years old

Earl and Edward - 21 years old

--

Elizabeth kneeled down, placing both of her hands on her chest.

She lowered her head down, closing her eyes as she listened to the priest asking for her to be blessed as she is finally going to take over the throne of her father.

She's wearing a long red off shoulder dress, with beautiful gold patterns on it, and her long blond hair was kept down down for her coronation today.

After so many years of being a crown princess since she was seven years old, now she's finally going to be the new ruler of the Eldian empire.

"Bless our new ruler as she received the crown to rule over the Eldian empire."

Elizabeth raised her head, looking up with her eyes closed, feeling the holy water on her face that the high priest was slightly throwing in the air.

As she opened her eyes, she stared at the high ceiling of the throne room. The image of goddess Ymir is painted on the ceiling with her three children Maria, Rose and Sina.

Bless us, thy empire.

Bless me, thy empress.

Emperor Smith walked towards her.

Her father smiled as their gazes met.

Elizabeth closed her eyes as she lowered her head down a bit.

"By the power vested in me, I shall pass my crown to you, my daughter, crown princess of the Eldian empire, for you to rule over Eldia, to keep this empire in light and hope."

The emperor took his crown from his wife, the empress regent. Y/n smiled as she watched Erwin gently place the emperor's crown on top of their daughter's head.

Elizabeth then looked up at Erwin and received her staff and royal sphere.

She smiled, eyes becoming glossy as she stared at her parents who never got tired of teaching her how to become a good ruler.

Elizabeth slowly stood up by herself. She turned around, facing all the people who have come to watch her coronation.

The people all cheered and applauded, screaming her name and their wishes for her.

Her eyes landed on her siblings.

Her brother Evan who's with his wife and children, her sister Eleanor who's with her husband and children, and her brothers Earl and Edward.

They're all grown ups now.

"LONG LIVE HER MAJESTY! EMPRESS ELIZABETH!"

"LONG LIVE!!"

Y/n and Erwin are both smiling and staring proudly at their daughter.

Finally, it's done.

Their duties are done, and their daughter has finally achieved her dream.

"We did a good job, my love."

Y/n looked at her husband. Even when her husband had already aged, he still looked handsome. "Yes...we did it. I'm grateful."

Erwin planted a soft kiss on Y/n's forehead.

"Now...shall we achieve our dreams, too?"

"You bet we should."

Their dream...

--

"Your majesty."

Lady Eleanor and Evan bowed at empress Elizabeth as soon as they entered the empress' office.

Elizabeth looked up from her paper works to her older siblings, and her very own royal knight and royal advisor

"Did they safely arrive at Hizuru?"

Eleanor nodded, smiling with relief.

"Yes. Mother and father safely arrived in Hizuru at your old home, your majesty."

"It's time for our dear parents to fulfill their dreams together, your majesty."

The empress smiled as she nodded in agreement.

"Yes. It's time for them to rest, and just live the rest of their lives in a peaceful and beautiful place."

The dream that their parents had was to live a simple life after their ruling.

And now Y/n and Erwin are starting to fulfill their shared dream in a peaceful and beautiful place.
________________________________________

:)