part xxv

Word Count - 3,350 words

Year 844

"You're very beautiful, my lady."

Nanaba smiled while she stared at Y/n, admiring how beautiful the h/c-haired lady looks in her royal white wedding gown.

Months has passed.

And new year has come to Eldia.

It is now the year of 844, the month of January.

There is still one month left before Y/n and the emperor's wedding will take place.

Y/n stared at herself in front of the big mirror across from where she's standing. Her brows shot-up, a look of surprise is evident on her face upon seeing how she looks in her wedding gown. "Nanaba..."

"Yes, my lady?"

"Is this really me?"

Nanaba chuckled as she nodded.

The h/c-haired lady turned a bit to check how her back looks. Her wedding gown seemed like it was really made for her.

It's very long and pure white. It has a lace long sleeve with flowery patterns on it and a turtle neck that is also see-through as it was made from a white see-through fabric.

The skirt of her wedding gown is big.

It's round, has beads on its fabric and patterns of lilies. Overall, her wedding gown is perfect. The seamstress did good.

"I'm sure the emperor would say the same, my lady. You look so breath-taking in your wedding gown..." Nanaba smiled at Y/n.

Y/n bit her lower lip as she thought of Erwin. The emperor was supposed to join her in her wedding gown fitting today, but ruling duties called upon the blond man.

Erwin felt bad for not being able to join her.

"Pardon me, my lady..."

The h/c-haired lady looked at Mrs. Kirstein, or also known as Madam Kirstein. She is a renowned seamstress in the Eldian empire.

Mrs. Kirstein has her own clothing shop.

Not only does she make suits and dresses for nobles, but she also makes the clothes of the emperor, and the previous empress.

She was also the one who sewed Empress Marie's wedding gown, as well as the suit that the emperor wore on his past wedding.

Mrs. Kirstein was once again chosen to be the one to sew the wedding dress of their soon-to-be empress, not only her wedding dress, but also her coronation dress and other dresses she can all use in the future.

"I will have to put this on to you to make sure that everything is already set, my lady. This is also my way to check if there are still things that need to be done on your dress."

Y/n nodded at Mrs. Kirstein.

She stayed still as the woman began to put on her veil on her hair. Nanaba helped the woman as her veil is way too lengthy, also.

"There you go...you look perfect, my lady."

The h/c-haired lady stared at herself.

It looks like today is her wedding.

I wonder if he'll really like it...?

"Thank you, Madam Kirstein. Your work is amazing." Y/n smiled at the seamstress.

Mrs. Kirstein let out a small chuckle.

"I'm honored to make your dress, my lady."

After fitting her wedding gown, Y/n changed into her coronation dress.