part vii

Word Count - 1,680 words

Why is he here…?

Y/n stared at Erwin, surprised as to how the blonde-man ignores the rain pouring down on him and how he's shielding her from the rain.

"Please stand up, my lady. You'll get sick here." The emperor spoke.

Erwin reached his hand for her to hold.

The h/c-haired lady stared at Erwin's hand. 

Her brows furrowed, she looked away and shook her head.

"I'm afraid I cannot accept your help, Emperor Smith. The reason why I'm kneeling here is because I received a punishment from the Queen Dowager…"

The h/c-haired lady kept her hands on top of her thighs. "I'm glad that you came here to help me. But I do not wish for you to be dragged into this conflict. Please go back to your quarters. You'll get sick if you stay-"

"You're my fiancé, my lady." 

Y/n's eyes widened a bit. She looked at Erwin with a flustered look.

"Pardon…?"

The blonde-man placed his coat over her head, keeping her from getting rained on.

Erwin crouched beside her.

He stared at her straight in the eyes, keeping a serious look on his face yet a worried and concerned look on his eyes.

"That's why I'm here because you're my fiancé. You're to be a member of the Eldian imperial family. You shouldn't be doing this as my future empress, right?"

Y/n wasn't able to answer. 

She only stared at Erwin, her mind beginning to drown from her many thoughts. Fiance...future empress.

"So please stand up, my lady." 

The h/c-haired lady flinched a bit when Erwin held her hand, her body moved on its own. She just found herself standing up while holding Erwin's hand. That's right…

Erwin pulled her away from the place.

And she only let the emperor pull her.

Y/n stared at her hand that's being held by the emperor.

I'm his fiancé...his new future empress. If people see me here...they'll start rumors about me, and when my engagement with him gets announced…

The h/c-haired lady smiled bitterly. 

His name might get dirtied because of me.

That's why he's helping me.

--

"My Lady!!" 

Y/n was surprised, seeing Danaya, Sir Philip and her younger brother outside of the emperor's quarters.

"What are you-"

She wasn't able to continue what she wanted to ask when Danaya ran towards her and began to wipe her with a towel.

Lionel's offering her a glass of water, while Sir Philip is checking her out if she got hurt anywhere, or if she's feeling sick.

"Thank you so much, emperor Smith!" 

Y/n stared at the three who's now thanking Erwin. The blonde-man is just behind her.

Oh...they asked for his help?

"No problem. Take care of Lady Y/n. She can use my room. I'll use the guest room."

Erwin and Y/n stared at each other for a while. The blonde-man nodded at her and bowed before leaving.