part xliv

Word Count - 2,460 words

Year 843 was the year when Y/n left her motherland. And now that it's already the year of 850, she realized how long it has been. It's been seven years since she left her motherland to live in a foreign land.

She was only seventeen when she left the Kingdom she was born and grew up in, and now she is twenty-four years old. A fully grown woman, who was once a young lady.

A lot of things had changed.

But her love for her motherland didn't.

Y/n has the most genuine smile plastered on her lips while she waves to the crowd at the side of the streets. The Marleyan people who have come to welcome her upon her arrival. She's never been so much happier.

Seeing her kind, and her homeland again.

"Empress Y/n!"

"Welcome back to Marley, empress!"

"You're truly beautiful, empress!"

"Long live the chosen one of Goddess Nadia!"

"Long live the empress of Eldia!"

The h/c-haired woman felt her heart raced as she listens to the cheers of the people for her. It's truly surprising that not only in Eldia was she loved, but also at Marley.

Somehow, she's reminded her of her mother.

Her mother who was loved by the people.

If her mother was still alive, her mother would've been probably loved by the people of Eldia, too.

"Your majesty, the royal palace is insight."

Y/n looked front to their way. She was in awe upon seeing the royal palace, the very own big place she was born and grew up in. And so, her childhood and teenage memories began to fill her mind.

It's been so long...

Her carriage stopped as soon as it reached the royal palace. Y/n's eyes became glossy the moment she saw her loved ones.

Lady Danaya, her former lady-in-waiting, Sir Philip, her former royal knight, and her younger brother, King Lionel Tybur.

Danaya and Philip smiled as they bowed at her. King Lionel made his way towards her carriage.

The man stood beside her carriage, reaching his hand out to her.

"Welcome back home, Empress Y/n."

Y/n smiled as she held Lionel's hand, letting her younger brother to help her get off the carriage.

As soon as she laid her feet down on the ground, Lionel brought her hand close to his lips and kissed the back of it, also bowing to her.

My brother has grown a lot...

The king looked at her, smiling sheepishly. It made her chuckle. Y/n still didn't forget to curtsy to her brother, who's now a king.

"I appreciate the warm welcome, King Lionel."

"I'm glad you do, Empress Y/n."

Lionel offered his arm to Y/n, as they walked towards the others. The royal knights and officials of the Marleyan kingdom all bowed to them as a respect.

"We give you our warm welcome, Empress Y/n."

"Thank you..."

The h/c-haired woman didn't bother to pay much attention to the officials. Instead, she turned to Lady Danaya and Sir Philip who are beside Commander Theo Magath.