part xxxi

Word Count - 3,060 words

Loud cheers and applause reigned on the streets from the people, as the new knights of the Eldian empire marched forward, wearing their armors, holding their swords.

The 104th batch of Knight Corps were finally knighted after three years of hard training, as if that was their life and death.

Mikasa Ackerman, Reiner Braun, Bertolt Hoover, Annie Leonhart, Eren Jaeger, Porco Galliard, Marcel Galliard, Jean Kirstein, Ymir, Pieck Finger, Connie Springer, and Sasha Braus are the Knights who got the highest grades in their training, and the ones who are marching in the front lines.

"All of you! Pay respects to his majesty, the emperor! And her majesty, the empress...!"

The people immediately dropped to their knees, as the carriage of the emperor and empress are both already approaching.

"YOUR MAJESTIES."

Y/n smiled as she looked at their people, everyone bowed, and stayed down on their knees to pay respect to both her and Erwin.

Her brows shot-up when she sighted a young girl who stayed standing up, and staring at her with clueless brown-eyes.

"You! Insolent girl!"

One of their knights had noticed the girl, the knight marched towards the girl and pointed his sword at the girl who kept his eyes at Y/n, but began to look very scared.

The new Knights continued marching forward, as well as the emperor's carriage.

"Stop the carriage." Y/n seriously spoke.

The coachman immediately stopped the two horses, carrying the empress' carriage.

Y/n held the sides of her dress as she carefully got down from her carriage.

Lady Finger immediately helped Y/n.

"Your majesty, the empress..."

Erwin was interrupted from smiling at their people, hearing what Sir Levi said.

He looked back, and saw Y/n approaching the crowd. "Stop the carriage." Erwin said.

And so, his coach man did.

The emperor got off his carriage, he made his way towards where the empress' went.

"Put down your sword. She's a kid."

The knight looked back at Y/n, he was surprised to see the empress. "Y-your-"

"You were given a sword to protect the weak, not to point it at the weak, if someone is insolent here, it's you."

Y/n glared at the knight who immediately dropped his sword and stepped aside to give the empress way. He lowered his head down out of embarrassment.

The empress' scary, serious face quickly changed to a soft one as she faced the young girl. "Are you alone?" Y/n asked.

The young girl nodded, but she actually tried to speak, though she didn't continue and stopped herself from speaking out.

Y/n's brows furrowed.

She noticed how the young girl hesitated.

"What is your name?" Y/n asked.

Everyone was in awe, seeing how Y/n removed her shawl, then draping it over the young girl who was obviously feeling cold since she's wearing an old dress that's already thin and has a few holes on it.

The girl is obviously one of the unfortunates.

Y/n can't help but feel disappointed at herself. Because in her six years of being an empress, her number one priority was to help every poor person in their empire.