part lv

Word Count - 2,335 words

Y/n abruptly opened her e/c-eyes upon hearing a loud noise coming from outside as if something fell. She looked at her side, only to find no Sota lying beside her. While on her other side, Elizabeth is sound asleep.

"I will pay you as soon as I get money! Just don't cause a commotion here! My wife and daughter are here. They're still asleep...!!"

The h/c-haired woman froze in her place, hearing her husband's voice coming from the outside and seems to be distressed.

She quickly stood up, but still careful not to wake Elizabeth up. Y/n took her shawl with her as she makes her way outside. Sota...

Y/n was in disbelief upon seeing what was happening. Her e/c-eyes are wide-open, and horror was evident in her face as she stared at her husband kneeling on the dirty ground, face wounded and bruised.

What is happening...The h/c-haired woman looked at the group of men surrounding her husband. Her eyes met the eyes of the group's leader. Y/n knew immediately who these men were. They're those loan sharks.

"Your wife is already awake."

Sota looked back at Y/n, surprised to see her. Worry and fear quickly washed over him. He immediately stood up, despite the pain he was feeling and rushed to his wife.

The black-haired man blocked Y/n from their unpleasant visitors, scared that they might do something to his silent wife.

"L-Leticia...get inside." Sota whispered.

Y/n looked at her hand that Sota is holding tightly. "They're dangerous. So get inside and stay with Elizabeth. Just...if anything happens escape in our backyard, okay?"

The h/c-haired woman gulped.

She shook her head, refusing to leave without her husband. Sota gave her a disapproving look. "I can handle this-"

"Hey, Sota. Make sure to pay your debts."

Sota and Y/n looked at the loan sharks, surprised to see them already leaving.

The h/c-haired woman felt terrified and disgusted when she saw how the leader of the loan sharks gave her a lewd stare.

"Or else...I'll take your wife as payment."

Sota gritted his teeth as he glared at the leader. The veins on his hands and arms protruded, and his jaw clenched from anger. He cursed the man inside his mind for talking bad like that about his wife.

The black-haired man only came back to his senses when he felt Y/n's warm hands caress his arm. His eyes softened as soon as he met Y/n's eyes. "I'm sorry...did I wake-"

Sota was taken aback when Y/n suddenly embraced him. So tight that he could barely breathe. It was as if his wife almost lost him and now she can't let him go. "L-Leticia...?"

The black-haired man was even more surprised when he heard his wife was already sobbing. Sota couldn't talk then.

He felt guilty because he knows Y/n ended up like this because of what she saw.

"Sorry...this won't happen again."

Y/n let go of him.

She carefully cupped his cheeks, staring at his face, then she caressed his face gently.

He could only flash Y/n a small smile to assure her that it wasn't that painful.

The h/c-haired woman gritted her teeth. Her tears won't stop falling. She was scared. Scared that things could get out of hand, and whatever the result would be at the end. "You shouldn't have borrowed money from those goons just to get me to have a check up in the capital! How will you pay them?! And what if they come back to hurt you again?! What am I gonna do then?"