part xxiv

Word Count - 2,212 words

"Oh...this is a lot of presents..."

Y/n looked more than shocked at her receiving area that is almost filled with her birthday presents that she received from different officials, nobles and socialites.

"I didn't even remember my own birthday, but they surely know." Y/n shook her head.

Lady Nanaba let out a small chuckle.

She watched the h/c-haired lady walk around the area to check the presents she received, though surely one night is not enough to open all her birthday presents.

Y/n's eyes landed on a few separated presents that were placed near the sofa.

"I believe those are presents from his majesty's loyal subjects, my lady. Duke Reiss, Duchess Ackerman and Dr. Jaeger."

The h/c-haired lady made her way towards her considered "special" presents since they were from the emperor's loyal subjects.

"Let me help you, my lady."

Lady Nanaba helped Y/n in opening Dr. Jaeger's gift first. The h/c-haired lady was amazed to see rare and expensive herbal leaves and roots inside a heavy black box.

There's also medicinal tea and tonics.

Y/n then opened Duchess Ackerman's gift.

She smiled upon seeing an elegant fan, its dark green with black thread fan. It has an embroidered name of her on its fabric, and a short poem and some dark shade flowers.

"And this one is from Duke Reiss, my lady."

The h/c-haired lady looked at Nanaba.

Her eyes widened upon seeing three sets of different jewelries. One emerald, one ruby, and one amber. Stones that are rare to find inside Paradis Island. "They're beautiful..."

Y/n grazed her fingers on the jewelries.

There are necklaces, earrings, rings, and bracelets in the emerald set, ruby set and amber set. "Duke Reiss must've spent fortunes just to get these..." Y/n stated.

She closed the box and put it aside.

Where did he get the money?

And how did he get those stones?

"Which of the gifts from them did you like the most my lady?" Nanaba asked.

The h/c-haired lady swing opened her fan.

She smiled at Nanaba as she began to fan herself with the fan Duchess Kuchel had gifted to her.

"I like this one the most. Duchess Ackerman chose the right present to give to me."

--

Erwin stopped his writing, his brows furrowed, and a sigh escaped his lips.

He has to finish something, yet he can't focus. He's been bothered since coming back from seeing Zeke and Y/n together.

The blond man removed his eyeglasses, then put them down on his right side.

He stood up from sitting down, then walked towards the door to get out of his office.

Sir Levi was outside when he got out, standing steadily on the side, keeping guard of the surroundings.

The raven-haired man was about to follow him, but he looked at Levi, smiling a little.

"Sir Levi, I would like to be alone, please just stay here."

Levi couldn't protest anymore since Erwin had already left.