part xlv

Word Count - 2,265 words

"She is one of the empress' knights, lower down your weapons."

The royal guards were all surprised upon hearing the king's authoritative tone. They looked back, and immediately bowed to King Lionel, as well as the Empress Y/n.

Y/n sighed in relief upon seeing Sasha was unharmed. After getting caught trying to sneak into the royal kitchen, the brunette lady was reported to be an intruder.

Even worse, an assassin/spy.

Luckily, Frieda had heard about what happened, and didn't hesitate to run to their empress to save Sasha's ass.

"Y-your majesty...!!" Sasha stared at Y/n with both fear and guilt look of expression.

The empress let out a sigh, she walked towards Sasha. "Silly girl. If you wanted food, you could've just asked the maids."

Y/n gently held Sasha's arm, she wiped the little tears on the corner of Sasha's eyes like she is the brunette-lady's mother.

"We apologize, Empress Y/n. We didn't know about her being one of your knights."

The h/c-haired woman looked at the royal guards. She flashed them with a small smile, as she nodded. "It's okay. It was a misunderstanding. I apologize, too, for her actions. It won't happen again. All that's important is that none of you was hurt."

The royal guards were all in awe because of the empress' kindness, especially because of her pleasant smile.

"It's pretty late, sis. You should go rest now."

Y/n looked at her younger brother.

She nodded, agreeing with Lionel. "You're right. You should rest now, too. We have a lot of things to do tomorrow."

Lionel smiled a bit, nodding. He secretly glanced at Frieda who was following behind his older sister, and carrying the lilies that his older sister harvested earlier.

He stiffened in his place the moment Frieda looked at him. The black-haired lady kept a stoic look on her face, yet her eyes were so soft-looking that Lionel thought of pillows.

"You shouldn't stare at a lady like that, Lionel."

The king's eyes widened, he looked at his older sister who smirked at him as she walked past him. "I-I wasn't staring-"

"Good night, King Lionel."

"Sis...!!"

Lionel frowned when his sister didn't bother to look back at him any longer.

But he was once again surprised when Frieda looked back at him, smiling as if she had just finished chuckling at him.

For a moment, Lionel spaced out.

He never saw such a beautiful smile before.

--

(The Next Day)

"You're such an idiot, Sasha."

Connie and Jean have been laughing at Sasha for what she did last night, almost getting herself killed in a foreign land.

Sasha hissed, she took a bite on her sweet potato as she glared at her best friends.

"So that apprentice chef reported you?" Mikasa asked.

Even her, is making fun of Sasha.

"Yeah! He's so annoying..." Sasha mumbled.

She pouted, while chewing on her sweet potato. Her eyes stared at nowhere as she remembered how the young man she met at the royal kitchen last night bullied her.