part lix

Word Count - 3,060 words

"Your highness...we have a problem."

Evan was interrupted from writing in his journal upon hearing his knight speak.

His carriage also stopped. The young crown prince opened the window of his carriage.

"Sir Oren? What happened?"

"...someone is blocking our way."

The young crown prince's brows furrowed.

Evan closed his journal, then kept his pen. He made his way out with the help of his servant. Evan stepped out of his carriage, only to be shocked upon seeing who is the person blocking their way. "Eleanor...?!"

His knights and servants were all surprised too upon realizing who blocked their way.

Eleanor removed the shawl covering her head and face. She smiled proudly at Evan, happy that her twin brother was able to know that it was her despite with her face covered. "...Going home so soon, Evan?"

Evan gritted his teeth. His eyes became glossy, he didn't waste anymore time and rushed towards his twin sister. "You idiot!"

The princess let out a chuckle as she welcomed her twin brother with an embrace. She closed her eyes as they embraced one another, then laughed when Evan started scolding her while also crying.

"Do you know worried I was?! How dare you run away like you're some mistreated princess...." Evan kept on scolding Eleanor, not even noticing the other person who just arrived, and is now standing behind him.

Evan's knights and his servants froze in their places as they stared at the woman who's now standing behind the crown prince.

"My god..."

The crown prince let go of Eleanor. His brows furowed upon the sudden change in the atmosphere. He looked at Eleanor and was immediately concerned upon seeing the tears on his twin sister's eyes. "Why..."

Evan saw how Eleanor's eyes past by him.

He looked around, and was confused as to why his knights and servants seemed to have been frozen in their places.

"What is happening..."

Evan decided to finally look at where Eleanor is staring. His eyes widened, and mouth in slight agape as his eyes met a familiar gaze. Something he'd longed for so long to see again, even if it meant death.

Y/n flashed him a sad smile, tears streaming down to her cheek. "Crown prince Evan D'aureville Smith, your highness..."

The h/c-haired woman then began walking towards them. Evan wasn't able to say anything, he stiffened in his place, eyes teary, heart beating fast and hands shaking.

Mother...

"Y-your majesty..."

As soon as Y/n was in front of him, the empress pulled him in for a tight embrace.

"Yes, my dear son...Evan."

--

Y/n looked at her left where Sota sat beside her. Their eyes met, making her smile. Sota held her left hand, gently squeezing it, too.

"So...he's the crown prince of Eldia?"

Sota asked as he watched Evan playing with Eleanor and Elizabeth. After a long time of crying as Evan reunited with Y/n, the crown prince is now just all smiles and playing with his twin sister and little sister.

Evan also bawled when he met Elizabeth.

"Yeah...he is Eleanor's twin brother."

Y/n looked at Sota. She saw how Sota sadly smiled as their eyes met. "I'm glad you have a good family, Leticia...at least, I won't need to worry about you going back to them..."