part liii

Word Count - 3,412 words

(The Orient, Empire of Hizuru)

"Welcome to Hizuru, Emperor Smith."

Erwin shook hands with the Hizuru emperor, as he stared at the old emperor straight in the eye, and flashes him a small smile. "Thank you for the invitation and warm welcome, Emperor Hiroto. Truly, your empire is beautiful and flourishing."

The Hizuru emperor let out a hearty laugh, feeling flattered by what Erwin had said.

"I could say the same to your land, emperor Smith. I haven't visited Paradis Island for a while since four years ago, I'm certain that if I ever come back to, Eldia is still the same strong and fluorishing empire. I'm certain it remained like the largest golden empire."

Erwin only smiled and nodded.

He looked behind him where his twins were standing. "I am not the only one who came here, emperor Hiroto. I also brought my children with me."

Evan and Eleanor walked towards their father, then stood beside him as they presented themselves to the Hizuru emperor.

"This is my son, Even Smith, the crown prince of the Eldian empire."

The young Eldian crown prince bowed to pay respect to the old Hizuru emperor.

"It is a pleasure to meet you, Emperor Hiroto. I am grateful for your invitation and warm welcome to us." Evan politely said, making the old emperor chuckle.

Erwin then looked at Eleanor. He let out a silent sigh upon seeing the evident unfriendly look on his daughter's face.

"And this is my daughter, the first princess of the Eldian empire, Eleanor Smith."

Despite not being in the mood, Eleanor still managed to give her greetings and respect to the old emperor.

"Hizuru is a beautiful land, emperor Hiroto. Thank you for inviting us, and for welcoming us with so much warmth."

The old emperor let out another laugh. He's amazed as to how respectful the royal twins of the Eldian emperor are.

"Such good children. The futures of the Eldian empire!" The emperor happily said.

"You flatter us, emperor Hiroto." The twins said at the same time.

Emperor Hiroto nodded. He looked at Erwin and smiled meaningfully. "Now, the reason you came here is because I invited you to attend my eldest daughter's birthday. Usually, foreign visitors aren't allowed to see any royal ladies of the Hizuru empire, even if they are important figures, but you are the only exception emperor Smith."

The blond man faked a smile as he nodded.

"It's an honor."

His eyes went to Evan and Eleanor who now both look really disappointed.

It was true.

He didn't only come to Hizuru to attend the birthday of the eldest daughter of the Hizuru emperor, but for a reason that relates to him remarrying.

The council of his empire had suggested that it would be a good thing if Hizuru, the empire who has been their ally for a long time could have a deeper connection with the Eldian empire.

Like a marital alliance, for example.

Erwin had agreed to remarry, but he wasn't planning to follow who his council wanted for him.

In other words, he only agreed to remarry to shut the mouths of his stubborn council, but he doesn't really plan to follow them.

He's no fool to let anyone rule him.