part lxx

Word Count - 2,255 words

Special Chapter (2)

Year 857

"Son, no. Please don't try to eat that."

Erwin let out a small sigh as he took his quill pen from his 3-year old son, Edward.

He raised a brow at his own son who looked at him, frowning slightly. "This is for writing. Not for eating. You can't eat pens."

A smile crept onto his lips when Edward just stared at him with the same eyes as his.

Edward is his carbon copy.

His son pouted and just stayed still, sitting on his lap while he read some reports and appeals.

"Dada...want mama."

Erwin looked at his other son, Earl. The twin brother of Edward. He pursued his lips. "Son...your mother is busy today, so we can't go and bother yet for now..." The emperor kept his pen and paper works.

He stood up then put Edward down on his baby chair. The blond then picked up his other son. Earl looks more like his wife.

"Nngh..."

The emperor began to panic when Earl started to cry. "Nyow! Want...mama!"

Earl then started to throw tantrums, causing Erwin's office to be filled with nothing but his son's loud cries.

"Okay...okay...calm down now, we'll go to mama." Erwin said, sighing in defeat.

Earl immediately crying, making him smile. Both of his sons are mama's boys, but Earl is very attached to his wife to the point that his son won't be able to be happy in a day if he isn't with his mother.

The blond man looked at Edward. His eyes widened upon seeing his other son playing with his quill pen. The black ink on his pen is now smudged on his son's face. "Lord..."

Erwin shut his eyes. He took a deep breath.

"Edward...your mom's gonna kill me."

Edward stared at him innocently. He frowned when his son started laughing at him. Even Earl began to laugh at him.

The emperor put Earl back down on his baby chair. He sat down on his chair and stared at his sons with a genuine smile.

"My naughty boys..."

--

Elizabeth smiled as she watched her mother demonstrating to her on how to curtsy properly. She watched her mother with admiration, seeing how graceful, elegant, and natural her mother moves.

"Being able to curtsy properly is important for a crown princess, Elizabeth. Especially that you will be meeting lots of important people. Most are royals from other empires and kingdoms, as well as significant nobles. If you know how to curtsy properly, you're already a dignified member of the royalty."

The blond girl nodded, smiling a bit.

Elizabeth then tried to do what her mother taught her. She slightly held the sides of her dress, putting her left leg at the back, then bent down as she bowed her head to Y/n.