part xvi

Word Count - 810 words

"Are you here to laugh at me?"

Y/n kept a stoic face, even with the Queen Dowager's mocking expression. The young maiden have come to the Queen Dowager's palace, to see Queen Dowager Ferencia for the last time. Tomorrow will be the day that the Queen Dowager will be sent to an exile.

Though, it wasn't shared to the public, nor to anyone of the royal government officials.

It was just stated that the Queen Dowager wishes to retire, and give her duties to the reigning Queen, and, it's the current King who decided for this excuse regarding the Queen Dowager's sudden departure from the royal palace, to abandon her position.

"I'm not like you." Y/n spoke.

She picked up the cup of chamomile tea that was prepared by the Queen Dowager's head maidservant.

"I don't mock pitiful people." Y/n stared straight into the Queen Dowager's eyes.

The Queen Dowager smiled sarcastically, also letting out a sarcastic laugh. "So you've finally changed. That look in your eyes..."

Ferencia clenched her fists as she glared at the h/c-haired lady. "...was the last look your mother gave me before she died."

Y/n closed her eyes, she looked down.

Her lips slowly turned up into a smile.

"Don't you think...you're petty for still feeling furious over some dead person?"

The h/c-haired lady sipped on her tea again, finishing it, as she kept her eyes on the old woman across from her. She's enjoying the way the Queen Dowager looks so annoyed.

She's sure that the Dowager already wants to shout at her, or maybe raise hand on her.

Because the Queen Dowager can't do so.

Not when the emperor of Eldia is outside.

Emperor Smith didn't allow her to go to the Queen Dowager alone.

And so, Y/n agreed to have someone to go with her, but she didn't expect the emperor to be the one accompanying her to the Queen Dowager's palace.

"You wench...you speak so arrogantly now just because you're leaving to become a woman of Eldia?!"

Y/n stood up from her seat, she turned her back on the Queen Dowager, making her way to the door. "You should be thankful that I still show you some respect, Queen Dowager." The h/c-haired lady stopped for a moment, reaching her hand to the knob.

She looked back at the Queen Dowager, flashing her a smile. "Because if I wasn't holding back, you won't be talking now."

The Queen Dowager stiffened in her place, seeing the dead-ass serious look on Y/n's eyes, giving her shivers down her spine.

She gritted her teeth, upon seeing Leticia in Y/n, the young maiden suddenly became like the woman she was so envious about, and whom she hated a lot, even until now.

"Do you really believe you'll be successful  even if you go to another nation?! You'll still be pitiful, Y/n! Wherever you go, you will always have a hard time! And I swear to the gods that you will never be happy...!"

Y/n just ignored the Queen Dowager, who's already crying and shouting in furiousness towards her. She went out before her fiancé barged in.

As soon as she got out, the Emperor walked towards her, looking serious yet also worried. "I heard the Queen Dowager shouting, did she do anything to you?"

The h/c-haired lady looked at Erwin, she shook her head. "She didn't do anything, your majesty. Thank you for accompanying me. Let's go.' Erwin followed Y/n with his eyes as the h/c-haired lady went.

Lady Y/n...sometimes...

Erwin then followed behind Y/n, keeping a distance between them and his stare at the h/c-haired lady's back.

Sometimes...you're really cold.

Like how it is at night.

But at times, you're also warm.

Like the afternoon.

The blonde man glanced outside through the big window at the spacious hallway.

But you're mostly a sunshine.

"Your majesty."

Erwin looked at Y/n upon hearing her calling him. He stopped for a moment, standing in his place, looking somehow stunned while he stared at the maiden.

The sun rays of the morning shone on Y/n, and her figure kissed the sunlight.

"I'm sorry for delaying our leave any further, but I want to inform you that I am finally ready to leave Marley."

Erwin nodded, keeping his eyes on Y/n.

You're a sun, but also the moon.

I want to see how you really are.

I want to see more of your existence.

As much as I want to see how the sun might look once it collides with the moon.

My lady, I wish to see you in your eclipse.

Something that rarely happens...

But I should never miss.
___________________________________

:)