part lxiii

Word Count - 1,940 words

"Elizabeth..."

The little blond girl who was busy playing with her dolls looked back upon hearing her mother's voice. The widest smile crept onto her small lips as she met her mother's gaze. "Mama!" Elizabeth helped herself up.

Y/n immediately dropped to her knees, spreading her arms wide open. Elizabeth jumped on her as she received her in a loving embrace. "I missed you, peanut."

Elizabeth giggled with the new nickname her mother called her. She let go of her mother, and stared at her for a moment.

The little girl noticed the changes in her mom. "Why are you wearing mwake-up, mama? And big dress?" Elizabeth asked.

Her innocence made Y/n's heart clenched.

"Well...so mama can look pretty?"

"But you are already pretty!"

The little girl leaned closed to her mother, kissing the tip of her mother's nose, making Y/n to close her eyes and softly hum.

"Baby...we're going home now."

Elizabeth stared at her with a puzzled-out look. "Home? But this is our home, right?"

Y/n smiled at Elizabeth. She roamed her eyes around. They're inside the same room she, Elizabeth and Sota slept in when she still didn't have her memories back. "Yes..."

The h/c-haired woman picked Elizabeth up.

"This is our home, too...but we have another home. And that home is where we really belong, my dear...a lot of people are waiting for us. So we have to leave this home for now. But don't worry, we will come back here soon."

Y/n stared at her daughter. She felt her heart aching the moment she saw the sad look in her daughter's eyes. "How about papa? We will leave him here?" Elizabeth's eyes became glossy, making Y/n to tear up.

"No, baby...papa will always be with us."

Elizabeth leaned her head on his mother's shoulder. "Okay..." The little girl's eyes landed on the door, her brows furrowed upon catching a man's shadow outside.

"Mama...someone is here."

Erwin who has been waiting outside immediately hid himself to the side.

He leaned back on the wall, placing a hand over his chest and letting out a deep sigh.

The blond man doesn't even know why he's nervous. His heart is beating fast and loud, and his hands are shaking.

Erwin looked down, shutting his eyes and shaking his head. I can't believe seeing your own child could be this nerve wracking...

"Hi."

The blond man almost jumped out of shock upon hearing a small, adorable voice. He looked down at his left, and stiffened in his place upon seeing his 4-year old daughter.

Elizabeth stared at him with a curious doe, blue-eyes. Her small hands are intertwined with each other and properly kept in front of her like she's a proper princess.

Oh...

Erwin's eyes became glossy. "Elizabeth..."

"Hi." Elizabeth smiled at him, she waved using her small arms and hands. A small giggle left the little girl's lips. "I'm Lizzie!"

Y/n got out of the room. She leaned on the door frame and stared at her husband and daughter finally meeting each other.

A single tear escaped her eyes from happiness.