part xxi

Word Count - 1,412 words

"I apologize. I wasn't looking."

Y/n immediately moved away from Zeke, she even pushed him away, though in a gentle manner. The blond-guy smiled at her. "It's quite all right." Zeke responded.

The h/c-haired lady stood properly.

She stared at the blond-guy, trying to remember if she saw him somewhere since Zeke told her that she was the lady he saw.

"Are you a student in this school, my lady?"

Y/n raised a brow.

I don't know this guy, nor can I remember if I met him before. So why did he say that I'm the lady he saw? "How about you? what are you doing here when this place should only be intended for ladies? Unless you're one of the teachers, but I doubt you aren't one. You look young." A smile curled onto Zeke's lips.

He's amused at how Y/n seems to be on guard. "Ah...you must be suspicious of me now. Don't worry, my lady. I'm not some wanted criminal or you know...pervert."

An irk appeared on Y/n's face.

She's in disbelief to the fact that the blond guy in front of her is so vulgar with how he talks. "I didn't say anything about things like that. I'm simply asking. If you aren't interested in answering me, then I'll be on my way." Y/n said, she closed her eyes as she slightly bowed down to the blond guy.

"My mother works here as a teacher."

The h/c-haired lady stopped on her track.

"Dina Fritz is her name, she works here as an Ethics teacher. I only came here to drop the lunch she left in our house."

Y/n looked back at Zeke.

She scanned him from head to toe.

That's when she noticed that the blond guy is actually a decent looking man. Like every noble man she sees. "Is that so? That's good. At least I won't be worried about reporting you to the guards." Zeke let out a chuckle.

"You're quite interesting, my lady."

"Am I?"

Y/n sighed as she continued on her way.

I bet he would be panicking if he knows who  I am...he's clearly flirting. Y/n thought.

"What is your name, my lady?"

The h/c-haired lady looked at her left where the blond guy was already walking beside her. "I don't give my name to strangers."

"Oh right, sorry. I'm Zeke Jaeger."

Y/n stopped on her track, her brows furrowed upon hearing the name of the blond guy. She looked at him, and was taken aback to remember something.

Jaeger...

The family of known medical practitioners of Eldia. One of the families who are considered to be the foundations of Eldia.

Grisha Jaeger is currently the head of the Jaeger family, who is also the head royal physician of the imperial family.

I heard from Mrs. Finger that Dr. Jaeger has two sons from different women.

"You are the eldest son of royal physician Grisha Jaeger." Y/n said.

Zeke smiled a bit as he nodded.

"My father is really famous, hm?"

The h/c-haired lady kept quiet as she thought of more things. His mother is Dina Fritz...a descendant of the original imperial family and relative to the previous emperor!