part xv

Word Count - 2,525 words

"She wishes not to have any investigation and to not catch whoever did that to her?"

Sir Levi was in great disbelief, hearing the news from his emperor. About Lady Y/n's request to just let the incident be forgotten.

"That is unacceptable, your majesty. How could the future empress of our empire turn a blind eye to a crime done towards her? It's a shame to the imperial throne."

Erwin picked up his cup of tea, his eyes were busy staring at the clear skies. Today's weather is great, it's windy and cloudy.

"She's protecting her family for the last time." The emperor spoke. Levi's brows shot-up, suddenly realizing the obvious.

"Once Lady Y/n leaves this royal palace, she's no longer a Tybur, but a royal lady of mine and the imperial throne, and the future mother of the Eldian empire. And once we get married, she'll officially forget about being a Marleyan and a Tybur, and embrace being an Eldian and Smith...that also means...all she can do is focus on her new surroundings, protecting herself, the royal twins and me, even. The imperial family, the inner court and our throne."

The emperor's eyes squinted when the wind blew their way, the scent of gardenias around the backyard of his residence bloomed when the wind had blown.

Sir Levi finally got what Erwin is trying to say. What Y/n requested of Erwin was the last protection she could give to her family.

"She won't be able to protect the Tyburs since anytime a conflict could break out and she'll have no choice but to choose us. This...request of her is the last thing she can do for her family, for Marley's kingdom."

The raven-haired man nodded, while keeping his stare on the emperor. It it just me but the emperor seems to be...different?

He's so relaxed.

"Where is Lady Y/n right now?" Levi asked.

Erwin finished his tea, he put his teacup down on the table then stood up. "At the throne room. Talking to her older brother."

--

King Willy's brows are furrowed a bit while he keeps his stare on the ground, his fists are clenched, tightly gripping on the sides of his throne. "I am very sorry, Y/n..."

Y/n is standing in front of him, from afar.

Her small wounds on the face and light bruises are still visible, Y/n wore a simple yet elegant dress for today, she's grateful that her dresses are long sleeves and long, they were able to cover up her injuries.

Except the ones on her face.

"I knew about what mother did to your mother...but I stayed quiet to ptotect the royal family, and the throne. Also to protect my own mother." The King looked at his younger sister, he felt frustrated, seeing no emotion on the h/c-haired lady's face.

Y/n kept her eyes nowhere, her hands are clasped together and resting in front of her down on her abdomen.

"Father knew, too. But even if he wanted to punish my mother for what my mother did to your mother...he couldn't do it because mother was the Queen and his legal spouse..."

The h/c-haired lady nodded, blinking slowly. "I understand, your majesty."

King Willy swallowed the lump on his throat. "When I heard about you getting kidnapped...I knew who could've done it, because the same thing happened to royal concubine Leticia." Y/n just stared at Willy.

She knew about the possibility of her older brother knowing about what really happened to her mother, after all, King Willy is the son of the Queen Dowager.