it's not the wall's fault

warnings: mentions of blood and vomit

age: 16

-

Y/N's POV

Oh how I hate this part of the month. As if being a girl isn't hard enough in itself, we have to bleed every month, too! Could mother nature not have come up with an easier way to tell us we're not pregnant? Literally anything else would do.

It's not even the actual bleeding part that's the problem, it's all the side effects. My insides feel like they're being hit by a sledgehammer and I feel nauseous all the time to the point where I have to stay off school the entire time I'm on my period. That part, I don't mind so much.

"Mom, it hurtssss," I groan, clutching my stomach tightly whilst curled in a ball. I woke up around an hour ago and realized that shark week had come a little earlier than usual, meaning an urgent, last-minute call to the school to tell them I'm not coming in.

"I know, baby. You've had your Ibuprofen, you have your heating pad and your fluffy blanket. I'll get to work on breakfast, okay? Are you gonna be okay here in your room whilst I go into the kitchen?"

WANDA's POV

Poor Y/N looks absolutely terrible. This time of the month is always rough on her, but it's even worse today because it hit us by surprise.

We've discussed her going on birth control to stop her periods, but there are also a lot of downsides and she doesn't want that which is understandable.

"Can you please hurry?" she asks through gritted teeth, I nod and kiss her head before sticking her TV on for her and then leaving to go downstairs.

I don't even manage to start making food before I'm called back up again.

"You bellowed?" I joke as I walk into her bedroom.

"Shut up. I think I leaked on the sheets but I can't move to look so can you?"

"Sure, sweetheart," I reply and lift up her blanket to see that she has in fact leaked blood on her mattress cover. "Why don't I put you in my bed whilst I throw these in the wash and make breakfast?"

She pouts like a grumpy child, "Because I don't wanna move."

"I know, lovebug, but you can't stay laying in bloody sheets. It's not very sanitary."

With one last huff of annoyance, Y/N slowly drags herself out of bed with the help of my hands and immediately hunches over to alleviate some of the pain in her belly.

"Do you need me to carry you?" I ask softly, rubbing her back in circles.

"No," she whimpers, just before running off into her bathroom to throw up in the toilet. I quickly follow behind and kneel down next to her, pulling her hair out of the way and resuming the rubbing on her back. "This fucking sucks."

Instead of reprimanding her for the curse word like I normally would, I let it slide since she's in pain and I would also swear if my period hurt that badly.

"I know, Y/N/N. I'm so sorry," I coo as she throws up again and a few tears fall down her face. She really doesn't like being sick, she gets super panicky. "Try to keep your breathing steady for me, you don't wanna work yourself up, that will only make it worse."

"How can it get worse than this?!" she snaps, hitting her hand on the wall beside us.

"Woah, hey, it's not the wall's fault," I joke, to which I earn a death glare.

"Shut up!" she yells, repeating the same action with her hand.

"Gentle with yourself, please," I remind her, holding onto the hand she keeps smacking the wall with. "You're precious, Y/N. Try not to break your hand."

My daughter only whines in response and yanks her hand away from my hold, she definitely does not like being told what to do when she's on her period.

"All done?" I ask once she sits up and wipes her mouth on a piece of toilet paper. She nods and uses the sink to help her stand up.

Still in a world of pain, Y/N flushes the toilet and closes the seat so she can sit on it whilst I brush her teeth to get the taste out.

When that's over, I hold onto the teenager as we walk into my bedroom and she instantly crawls onto my bed and curls up in a ball again. I check one last time if she's okay with me leaving and when given the all clear, I go downstairs to start making breakfast.

-

You'd have thought that a sixteen year old girl could deal without her mother for twenty minutes, it just so happens that I have a very demanding young lady to tend to.

I threw her sheets in the wash and finished breakfast, I made us both waffles and a load of sugary, junk food piled on top of them because let's be honest, who doesn't need a bit of sugar when they're on their period?

Just as I'm about to bring them up, Y/N calls for me again. It isn't too inconvenient because I was about to go up anyway, so I'm just bringing the food with me.

As anticipated, she hasn't moved a muscle since I was up here last.

"Are you feeling okay?" I question and set her plate down on the nightstand next to her, doing the same with mine on my side.

"Really hurts. I want cuddles." She's full on sobbing now, the pain and hormones are getting to her.

"Aww, bubba. I'm here, I'm right here," I reassure as I crawl in beside her. She instantly crashes herself into my body, expecting me to wrap my arms around her, which I do and get to work on gently massaging her stomach that's gotten all warm from the heating pad.

"That's nice," she whispers, relishing in my comfort. The way she's resting her head on my chest right now tells me how sleepy she is. "What did you make for breakfast?"

"Just some waffles and sugary toppings. Do you want any?"

Y/N shakes her head as another tear slips out.

"Okay. In that case, do you maybe wanna try getting some more shut-eye? It's still fairly early and you need the energy," I suggest, running my hand through her hair.

"Yes, please," she mumbles and nuzzles her head as far as she can into me in order to reach maximum comfort.

It's gonna be a rough week.

-

hi:)) haven't actually said this yet but any requests can be sent to me and i'll try to get them done asap x