you're exhausted

age: 16

wandanat x daughter (i may as well turn this into a wandanat x daughter boom atp)

mom = wanda
mama = nat

-

WANDA's POV

Today has been one of the most stressful days I've had in a while. Tony had a lot of people coming by the Compound today and of course as an Avenger, I was introduced to everybody. It was too much, and I'm feeling the effect.

Nat's having to drive us home right now because my eyes are barely open. I'm exhausted.

"You okay, honey?" my wife asks me. She knows I'm tired, but she doesn't know how tired.

"Mhm," I hum in response, leaning my head against the car window as we pull up to the house.

"Hey," she says softly, using her hand to guide my head to face her, "I love you. And I'm super proud of you for getting through today, even if it drained your energy."

Sometimes that's all I need to hear at the end of a long day.

"I love you, too, Natty."

With that, Nat gets out of the car and comes over to my door, opening it and helping me to step out. We then walk over to the house and I get out the keys to unlock the door.

Once unlocked, both Natasha and I step inside and are immediately bombarded by our daughter running up to give me a hug, but I quickly halt her by holding out my hand. She comes to an abrupt stop and is left with a confused expression on her face.

"Hi, doll. Um, can you please not touch me right now? I'm sorry, it's just that I've shaken hands with a lot of people today and I feel very touched-out and overstimulated. I'll be able to give you a cuddle you later, I just need some time," I explain as kindly as possible whilst my head is screaming at me to just go to sleep.

Y/N's POV

"Uh... okay," I reply, puzzled as to why mom's had such a bad day. She never turns down my hugs.

"Why don't you go lay down?" mama whispers into mom's ear, and I'm shot one last weak smile before she walks lethargically off to her bedroom. "Hi, darling," she turns to me, "I'll take my hug."

Needing some affection from at least one parent, I give mama her hug before pulling away and questioning rapidly about what's upset mom.

"She isn't upset, Y/N/N. Just overwhelmed and overtired," she explains, "It's sweet of you to be so concerned, though."

Knowing that mom just needs some time, I leave her alone for the next two hours until it's dinner time, and mama sends me up to go wake her.

"Mom?" I say quietly, only turning on a lamp to brighten up the pitch black room since the main light would be too startling.

"It's dinner time. Are you ready to come down?" I ask her, she doesn't answer. But I can see her body jolting slightly, and that's when I notice that she's crying.

"Hey," I say softly, rushing over and crouching down beside the bed so that I can see her face. "Mom, are you okay? Do I need to get mama?"

She nods instantly, trying to hide her face by pulling the covers further up.

I quickly run back downstairs and bring mama back up with me. She goes straight to mom's side and moves her so that she's against her chest.

"Honey," mama coos, running her fingers through mom's hair as she continues to cry heavily. "It's alright, Wands. You're exhausted, you're just coming down from the day. We'll have a day off tomorrow, okay?"

Seeing my moms interacting is one of my favorite things ever. They fall more and more in love with each other every day, and it's sweet to watch.

"I've got you," mama whispers to mom, just as she begins to calm down.

Mama then gestures me over, so I place myself on the left of her so that she's in the middle and mom is still snuggled up.

So that we're all touching, mom moves her hand to hold onto mine.

I love my family.

-

^ can't relate ANYWAY i have a rash on both of my arms and one on my neck and my infected piercing has gone green but anyway how's everyone else's week gone?