too sad to sleep

age: 15

-

WANDA's POV

It isn't uncommon for me to hear whatever movie or TV show Y/N has playing at night. We're both late sleepers, so she tends to switch her TV off at around one in the morning, but now it's three and it's still going.

Naturally, I'm assuming that she's probably fallen asleep and just left her television on, so I decide to go and switch it off before going to sleep myself.

But when I open her door, she's wide awake, and blankly staring in front of her.

Breaking the silence, I speak softly, "Hi, my beauty."

Slightly startled, Y/N turns her head towards me, letting me really see how void of emotion she looks.

"Hey," she smiles at me, but it quickly wavers. "Did the TV wake you?" she asks worriedly and pauses the show that's playing.

"No, don't worry," I assure her, walking over to her bed and perching myself down opposite her. "What's keeping you up? Something on your mind?"

She chuckles half-heartedly, "You always know."

Since we're clearly about to have what I'm guessing will be a dejected conversation, I open up my arms and my daughter shuffles over into them, her head resting against my upper arm.

"I don't really know how to explain it to you," she admits, breathing deeply.

"Try," I encourage her and give her back a little rub.

With a heavy sigh, she puts all of her body weight onto me and melts into the hold.

"I guess... I'm too sad to sleep."

My face falls into a frown at her words.

"Sad about what, sweetheart?"

"Nothing specific, really. I just get like this sometimes," she explains quietly, and I lift her head off of me so I can kiss her cheek gently.

Luckily for my daughter, I have a bit of a knack for cheering people up, especially my family members.

"What do you say to a little drive?"

Following the agreement, I gather up some blankets and pillows from all around the house and throw them into the convertible whilst I'm waiting for Y/N to get ready. Once she's downstairs, I stick her in the car and lock up the house before getting into the driver's seat.

The first stop we make is KFC, then we hit McDonald's, then Starbucks, and pretty much every other food and drink place nearby that's still open. When we've gathered up the sustenance, I take off and start taking the route to a very special place that I know Y/N will appreciate.

"Woah," she gasps, "What is this place?"

I smile, knowing that this will be a moment to remember.

"This, my dear, is the very hiking spot that your aunt Nat showed me when I was a depressed teenager. Any time she brought me here, my problems seemed to just float away. And luckily for us, there's a route for cars to drive up and stop off."

Only a few minutes later, and we reach the top of the trail. The view is already spectacular, but you have to wait until the car roof is down to see it to it's full beauty.

Once we've parked up, us being the only one's here since it's the middle of the night, I get the roof off the car and sit up slightly, Y/N does the same.

"This is incredible," she whispers, her jaw wide open.

"You'll catch flies if you do that," I joke and close her mouth by pushing her chin up. "I may not be able make your sadness, or your anxiety, or any of that go away. But I am always here for you, and I'll take you here any time you need. Day or night."

With a soft smile resting on her lips, she silently thanks me.

We then both reach for the back seats where our plethora of food is and lift half of it onto our laps.

We don't talk, or make any sound. We just eat in peace and enjoy the view.

Y/N's POV

With this moment being as special as it is, I can't not take a photo and show everyone on Instagram what an amazing mama I have. So once I've finished a mouthful of my food, I bring out my phone and snap a photo of the view.

ynmaximoff

thank you for everything mama<3@wandamaximoff

@wandamaximoff

-

finished agp today and omg.. flo's acting is out of this world