not a normal headache

age: 15

-

Y/N's POV

"Hi, my beautiful girl," mom whispers after entering my dark bedroom. I heard her knock, but didn't have the energy to answer.

Only a few seconds later, I feel the mattress dip down beside me as she makes herself comfortable on my bed and positions her body so that my back is to her front as I face the wall.

The day started off completely fine for me but then halfway through, everything went to shit. For absolutely no reason at all, I developed a massive tension headache and it's just made everything ten times more stressful.

So for the past two hours or so, I've been laying in my room in complete darkness to help calm myself down. To no surprise, it hasn't helped.

"Baby, are you okay? Your thoughts are very tense right now," she tells me softly, bringing her hand up to wrap around my waist. "What's wrong, baby girl? Tell mama what's the matter."

Not being able to take it anymore, I let out a small sob, but it's loud enough for mom to hear.

She instantly rolls me over and pulls me into her chest, not questioning anything, not overwhelming me with concern, just holding me.

It takes a long while for me to calm down and by the time I'm finished crying, my head hurts ten times worse.

"Darling, what's the matter?" I'm asked, she speaks so gently.

"Hurts," is all I can get out as I press my thumb and forefinger against the bridge of my nose, trying to relieve some of the pressure.

"You have a headache? Let me go and get you some Ibuprofen and water."

"Mm-mm," I hum, holding onto her tighter so she doesn't stand up.

Confused by my not wanting to let her leave, her brows furrow. But a few moments later, her face softens.

"It's not a normal headache, is it, bubba? No, your mama knows. You're stressed out about something, aren't you?"

I nod against her shoulder, the agonizing pain in my head not going away.

"I don't know why it hurts so bad," I admit quietly.

"Probably because you're keeping it all in and it's built up. Do you think talking about it will help? I'm here to listen."

WANDA's POV

It's not too often that Y/N gets herself into a state where she's so overwhelmed that she can't function, but it's happened enough times before for me to know how to help her - that's if she lets me.

"No," she answers, literally gripping onto me with so much force.

"Baby, loosen up a little," I tell her, and she does. "Thank you. Come with me now."

Following my lead, she comes with me down the stairs and into the garden, where I pass her a hand-sized ball.

She looks at me in confusion before smirking slightly, remembering how we would always do this if she was stressed out as a younger child.

Without another word, she brings her arm back and lobs the ball at a random wall we have in the garden. It's always been an amazing way of getting any and all tension out of her body and while it may not help the headache much, it'll do wonders for her stress levels.

"Yes, there you go!" I cheer her on, running back and forth to grab the ball for her as more and more tension is released.

After she's thrown it a few more times, I can see the exhaustion take over and she moves over to the outside seating area and collapses onto one of the chairs.

To get that last bit of stress to leave her body, I sit down on a chair beside her and wrap her up in a big hug.

When we let go, she sighs in relief and starts dozing off.

-

had one of these yesterday ✌🏻