one hundred days clean

this one means a loooot to me because it's my 100 days sh free today:)) but also bear in mind - my mother is nothing like wanda is going to be in this

warnings: mentions of past self harm (not graphic)

age: 15

-

Y/N's POV

Adding that last diagonal line to the tally of how may days clean I am is a moment I didn't think I would ever get to see.

Less than an entire year ago, I would spend nearly every day hurting myself. Finding comfort in my pain. Relief.

Today, I am one hundred days clean and I have never been so proud of myself.

I would say I have my mama to thank for it, and she did help me a lot, but I'm keeping this achievement for myself. I dragged myself out of that dark place and I put in the work to get better.

Perhaps therapy and the work with multiple doctors and psychologists didn't help, but I still made it.

I'm not really sure if mom has remembered. I didn't bring it up this week because I wanted to see if she would remember.

It's silly, I know. But I like knowing if she's going to remember these sort of things and she typically does.

The longest I've ever made it clean before since starting self-harm was fifty seven days so this is huge for me.

In just over three years, since I was twelve, this is the longest I've gone.

How insane is that?

"Morning, mama," I greet my mom when I see her on the sofa downstairs and I flop down next to her so my head can rest on her lap. She instantly puts down her magazine and focuses on me instead.

"Morning, sweetheart," she smiles and takes my hand in hers so she can kiss it. "I bet I can guess why you're so happy."

"Really?" I ask, looking up at her to see her staring at me lovingly.

"Yes! You didn't think I'd forget, did you?"

"No. Maybe. I don't know," I chuckle, and she gently lifts me off of her to go into the fridge.

"What's that?" I question curiously, seeing her place something onto the counter behind the fruit bowl so I can't see."

"You'll see," she says teasingly and does a little excited dance.

"Mom," I laugh and start to discreetly film her as she dances.

"Hey!" she playfully scolds and flips me off. I put my phone down and sit up properly. "Alright. You ready?"

"Ready for what? What is going on?"

Before I know it, she breaks out into song.

"Happy one hundred days to you! Happy one hundred days to you! Happy one hundred days, dear Y/N. Happy one hundred days to you!"

"Oh my god," I laugh, trying not to cry from how cute this is.

The cake is placed onto the coffee table in front of me and mom ushers me to blow out the candles. I quickly do and watch as she starts dancing around like a crazy woman.

This time, I definitely don't miss the opportunity to video her and send a screenshot of the video to my auntie Nat.

ratty natty who likes to suck tatty

oi

look

this is the woman you used to call ur child

why did you raise her this way

i followed her all the way into the bathroom where she's still dancing

I'm not surprised, detka. She's proud of you and I am too! Congratulations on 100 days, you brave girl!❤️

thanks stupid🫶🏻 i love you

You're stupid🙄 I love you too xx

I smile at my phone before putting it down and dragging mom - literally - out of the bathroom and into the living room again, where the cake is waiting to be eaten.

"I still can't believe you got me a cake," I tell her, she ignores me and gets two plates and two forks out with her magic.

"I reckon, cake for breakfast, go out for lunch, pasta for dinner, and ice cream for dessert?" she suggests, handing me my (very generous) slice of cake.

"Works for me," I reply before stuffing my face with a mouthful. "Oh my god," I say, heaven melting on my tongue. "Did you make this?! It's incredible!"

"Aww, thank you, sweet pea. If you got a photo, do you mind sending it to me? This is one I wanna remember."

"Sure!"

mama 🐻

you're incredible and the best mama anyone could ever ask for

you're incredible and the best mama anyone could ever ask for. thank you for making today special<3

Don't mention it, my darling girl. You deserve everything good life has to offer💞

We both smile at each other and lower our phones simultaneously, and then mom comes over and wraps me up in the biggest and tightest hug.

"I am so, so proud of you, my girl. So proud. This is fucking amazing."

-

I DID IT