educate yourself

age: 9

-

WANDA's POV

Having an adopted daughter of a different race is something that doesn't bother me in the slightest. I only have endless love for Y/N and I believe in finding your family all around the world.

I adopted her when she was only three. Six years later, we're living a happy life with each other and not a day goes by where I'm not grateful that the universe sent her my way.

The only issue is, we get looks and remarks all the time about how she doesn't have the same color skin as me, which I find absurd. It's the color of someone's skin - why does that have to define family?

Today Y/N has a new teacher since her old one left so I have no doubt that when I go to collect her from school soon, this new teacher isn't going to have a clue who's her mother.

Y/N's POV

"Alright, everyone, time to grab your coats and bags!" our teacher announces. It's her first day and I don't really like her. She seemed okay at first, but then she got really shouty to the class, and I didn't like that.

Once I've gathered my belongings, we all wait in a line to be dismissed to our parents one by one. I'm stuck at the back since I took longer to get my things, so it takes a while for my turn to come.

As the line gradually gets shorter, my excitement starts growing. I love seeing my mama at the end of the school day, she's my favorite person on the planet.

As soon as it reaches my turn, I try to go running off, but my teacher pulls me back.

"Y/N, you can't just go running off," she tells me sternly. My mom is the only parent waiting, why won't she let me go to her? "Now, your mother must be late. Why don't you just wait here quietly until she comes?"

Before I can answer, mom is walking over here with an annoyed look on her face. My old teacher was lovely and didn't assume anything, but this lady hasn't even thought of the idea that I might not have the same skin color as my mother.

"Hi," mom smiles, trying to stay polite. "Hi, baby," she then greets me before turning back to my teacher. "I'm just gonna take my daughter, and you're gonna go educate yourself, yes?"

Completely lost for words, the teacher starts stuttering as mom takes my hand and we start walking away.

-

my writing in this is not it, but i've had a lot of requests to get through haha and theres more to be posted !! i imagine i would have posted them all by next week or the week after