i'm gonna take care of you

warnings: mentions of vomit

age: 15

not wanda's daughter🫶🏻

-

Y/N's POV

I suppose my mother has never really been much of a mother. She'd rather rely on my nanny to take care of me, despite me being a teenager. I suppose she thinks I need 'watching'.

"Alright, kiddo," Wanda starts, walking up to my bed where I'm currently laying with a movie ready to play on my laptop. "You did really good today, I'm proud of you for getting all your schoolwork done. It's my day off tomorrow so I'll see you on Wednesday, yeah?"

"I'm gonna miss you," I admit. Since my mother doesn't show me any care, Wanda is who I rely on for feeling loved.

She looks at me sadly before leaning forward and placing a kiss on my forehead. We've always been super close, but three years of knowing someone does that to you.

"I'm gonna miss you, too, honey. You have my number, so just call or text if something really urgent comes up."

Little did I know, the next day is an urgent matter.

It's two in the afternoon, and I woke up at five in the morning with intense nausea which has resulted in me throwing up every twenty minutes for the past 9 hours. And my mother refused to let me call Wanda, and has gone off to work and left me.

I don't want Wanda to get in trouble by asking her to come, so I suppose I'll just have to stick it out.

-

WANDA's POV

Strangely, I didn't get any messages from Y/N yesterday. On my days off, she usually texts me at least ten times with random messages or her telling me that she misses me.

So instead of preparing breakfast for her before she wakes up, I go straight to her bedroom after walking into the house.

Her mom is at work already, so at least that takes away one problem.

After a few knocks, there seems to be no reply, so I decide to open the door and step in.

However, I'm not met with the sight I was expecting.

Y/N is tangled up in her sheets, hair sticking to her face from how much she's sweating, and a bucket on the floor.

"Wanda," she whines, a tear rolling down her cheek.

"I'm here, baby," I coo, sitting down on the edge of the bed, next to where she's laying.

"I'm sick," she whimpers and clutches her stomach tightly. "Mom wouldn't let me call you and she went to work. But I'm really sick and I'm so tired."

"Shh, I'm here now," I reassure her, trying to pull her blanket off of her but she only holds on tighter. "Sweetheart, you're overheating. I can feel the heat coming off of your arm without even touching."

With that, I pull the blanket off fully and watch as she shivers.

"I'm cold," she complains, even more tears spilling from her eyes.

How could her mother just leave her when she's this sick? It's neglect.

"When's the last time you ate or drank anything?" I query, seeing an almost full glass of water on her nightstand.

"Haven't eaten since you were here last. Or drank. I've tried to sip water but it just comes back up every time."

I sigh heavily, thinking of what to do.

She won't be able to get better if her body is dehydrated, but she clearly can't keep any water down, so an ER trip seems suitable. She can be hooked up to an IV to get fluids.

"Shit," she cries out, jolting as what I can only assume is another stomach cramp hits her.

As a precaution, I grab the bucket and lift it up to her. As expected, she throws up into it less than a minute later.

"You're okay, you're all fine," I try my best to comfort as I rub her back up and down slowly.

Whilst she recovers from the violet expel of anything left in her system, I text her mother to let her know that I'm taking her to hospital.

Of course she doesn't want me to, but I have to to against her wishes for the sake of the child.

"Wanda's got you, Y/N. I'm gonna take care of you."

-

have to get a needle shoved into my arm in 2 hours