least liked

request: @pennywishes22

warnings: i guess emotional neglect?

age: 15

not wanda's daughter

-

Y/N's POV

"You know, it wouldn't hurt you to just not be an asshole for once," I say to my mother. Bad idea.

But I just can't take anymore of her or the rest of my family's behavior. They don't hurt me, I have everything physically that I've asked for. But mentally and emotionally, that's a whole other story.

I hate them. I haven't felt loved for as long as I can remember. Not to mention, the touch deprivation hurts.

"I suggest you go and take a walk to get rid of that attitude, young lady," I'm told by my father in a firm voice.

It's not like I want to be here, anyway.

So within a minute, I have my shoes and black trench coat on and I'm out the door, phone in one pocked and keys in the other.

It's windy out today. The sky is taking a more grey hue than usual, matching my energy.

As I get further and further away from my house, the park nears and I can't help but use that as my route. Nature soothes me.

Suddenly breaking my peace, my phone buzzes from my pocket, so I take it out and see a message from my older sister.

'Why did you have to be so rude to mom? She didn't do anything. There's a reason you're the least liked in the family.'

It takes everything in me not to tear up at the message but like the sky, I start to let little droplets of water fall and run to the nearest bench so that I can attempt to calm myself down.

It doesn't seem to be working, though. It's just too much. For my whole life, I've put up with practically being bullied by my family and I guess now that they're not here, I can let it out.

Even if I'm embarrassing myself in public. Luckily, there aren't too many people around.

WANDA's POV

It's unusual for me to decide to go for a walk at this time of day, but something seemed to really convince me that I needed to get out of the house and go for a walk at my favorite park.

And it seems that this universal calling must've been the reason why I'm brought to a young girl sitting on a bench, crying into her knees.

Oh, poor sweetheart! She's getting soaked by the rain that's just started to fall. Perhaps she needs someone to help her, I don't see a parent around.

When I've approached the teen, I slowly sit down beside her as I mutter a small, "Hey."

She looks startled at first as she looks up, mascara smeared all down her cheeks.

"Hi, sweetheart," I repeat softly, "Are you alright? How come you're sitting on a bench in the rain?"

Taking a few moments to calm her breathing, she glances at me worriedly before answering me. "Sorry, I just... it's been a bad day. Um, who are you?"

"Oh, right. My name's Wanda, can I ask what yours is?"

Strangely enough, this girl doesn't seem to frightened to be talking to someone she's never met before.

"Y/N," she quietly answers.

"That's a beautiful name," I smile, "Look, I don't wanna come across as too straightforward, and I certainly don't want to scare you, but would you like to take a walk with me? I have an umbrella so the rain won't get to us."

-

Following the quick agreement that Y/N would go on a walk with me, we set out and have now been talking for about an hour, and I know pretty much her entire life story.

How anyone can neglect their child is beyond me. But unfortunately, it happens.

"Oh, angel," I coo, pausing my movement and watching as she does the same.

I place the compacted umbrella down for a moment, seeing as it's stopped raining, and hold onto her shoulders.

"Hon, you don't deserve to be treated this way. You're just a child. This is gonna be far-fetched, but um... would it be okay for me to give you my phone number? Just so that if you wish to leave your house or need someone to talk to, you have me?"

I watch as she thinks for an answer, but it doesn't take long.

"I'd like that," she replies, almost looking like she's trying to lean into me.

"Come here, kiddo."

With that, she falls into my body as we share our first embrace. And hopefully not the last.