don't worry about talking

age: 16

this isn't like non-verbal due to autism or selective mutism or anything, simply out of exhaustion

-

Y/N's POV

When I've had a shitty day, I tend to just go quiet. There's nothing to it, I just become far too exhausted to talk and as a result, my mom has to attempt to figure out what on Earth I'm trying to communicate.

It's not like I can't talk, because I could if I wanted to. I just decide to save my breath which saves whatever energy I have left.

After the fifteen minute walk back from school, I say goodbye to my friends and use my key to unlock the front door. The moment I step inside, I see my mom standing by the kitchen island, where a drink and a snack are waiting for me on the counter.

"Hi, sunshine," she says excitedly, opening up her arms for me to run into.

Instead, I simply drop my bag, take my shoes off, and lay down on the floor.

I simply can't be bothered to stand right now, so I'm laying down instead.

"Y/N," mom laughs, walking over and kneeling down beside me. "What are you doing down there, hon?" she asks and leans down to kiss my cheek quickly.

In response, I groan weakly. She frowns and uses her hand to support my back as she gets me to sit up.

"I'm gonna need more than just whines, sweetheart," she tells me, I ignore her and lean against her chest from where she's sitting next to me. "Are you not in the mood to talk?"

I shake my head. Mom then helps me to stand and holds onto me as we walk slowly to the sofa. She helps get me comfortable before rushing off to the kitchen and returning a moment later with the glass of orange juice and various fruits with nutella on the side.

Instead of trying to make conversation with me, she puts the plate on my lap and places the glass on the coffee table beside me before snuggling next to me on the sofa.

"Just relax, darling. Don't worry about talking," she says softly, putting Brooklyn Nine-Nine on for us to watch.

It takes less than ten minutes for my eyelids to start shutting on their own.

Clearly, mom notices since she takes the plate away from my hand before I can drop it, and adjusts me to be leaning against her.

"You can sleep, baby bear. I've got you."

-

i could not tell you how much self control is going into me not posting my new lizzie book yet