i'm getting really tired of this

warnings: panic attack

age: 16

-

WANDA's POV

"Mom, my chest hurts really badly and I feel like I'm about to have a panic attack."

Lately, Y/N has been feeling more anxious, a lot more anxious. Her anxiety started showing when she was around six, and it's only gotten worse.

She's tried therapy and even medication, but it hasn't done anything particularly helpful since she still gets panic attacks at least twice a day. It's debilitating for her.

"Okay, everything's gonna be okay," I reassure my trembling daughter as I stand up from my bed and make my way over to her, only to guide her back to the comfort of my mattress and sit her down on the edge so I can kneel down in front of her on the floor.

It's only eleven at night, I was just getting ready to settle down.

"Bubbie, look at me," I guide her, placing one of my hands on her right cheek and keeping her facing me. "You know what to do, we do this every day. Can you squeeze my arm for me?" I ask, holding out my free hand to her. She then grabs onto my bicep weakly. "No, don't let go of it, baby. Squeeze, please."

Much to my relief, it's only another few seconds before I feel her gently squeeze my bicep.

"That's it, good girl. Keep doing that but I want you to take a deep breath in, okay? Breathe in as much air as you possibly can."

"I-I can't," she rushes out, strangling a sob as her breathing picks up even further.

"Yes, you can," I encourage, "Come on, darling, you're safe right now. Work with me."

It takes some more coaxing, but I do get her to take a big breath in. She holds it for a few seconds before exhaling and repeats the process a number of times until finally, her heart rate is steady.

As soon as she tells me that she's ready, I help her lay down against my pillows and I make my way beside her, under the duvet.

"I'm getting really tired of this," she admits just as I wrap my arms around her.

"Tired how?" I ask softly, brushing a few loose strands of hair behind her ear.

"You know how," she whimpers, looking up to me with freshly formed tears in her eyes. I fear that I do know.

"Yeah," I sigh and lean forward to press a kiss against her temple. "Just promise me that no matter how exhausted you get, you're gonna keep going. You are far too precious to be giving up. And we will get to the bottom of this. That's a promise."

She shakes her head, so deflated after having spent the past few minutes catching her breath.

I wish that it was possible for me to take every last bit of pain from my daughter and put it into me, instead. She deserves so much better.

Still needing some more comfort, Y/N climbs onto me so that she's laying me in a way that we're front-to-front. Like my little baby koala.

"Why me? I never asked for this stupid anxiety," she complains, and with reason.

"I don't know, sweetheart," I reply, steadily rubbing my hand up and down on her back. "Sometimes even the best of people with the kindest of hearts get battered by the universe. It shouldn't happen but it does, and you just have to learn not to shy away from it. Make the best of a bad deal, you know? Learn how to cope with it instead of hiding from it."

-

the 'why is my heart racing' at the end of the new vf interview with lizzie is lowkey sad to me like poor love's anxiety was kicking in:(

also was meant to be going to ikea tomorrow morning but it's the last ep of l&d (fucking raging) and yk, priorities