i'm home

part 2 to 'come home' per popular demand🫶🏻

-

Y/N's POV

Ever since I called mama four days ago after that one really bad beating from dad, I've been trying to spend as much time in my room as possible as to avoid him. But he never really lets me spend more than an hour at a time on my own in case I'm 'up to no good'.

It's been the most terrifying days of my life. All I've been thinking about is when mama's gonna get back and when she'll be able to come save me. I think it may be time to tell her. Because I am constantly in pain.

I have bruises all over my body. Except for on my face, because he doesn't want my mom to see. Hence why I always wear joggers or leggings and loose tops with long sleeves.

She's due to arrive back in only an hour, that gives me just enough time to prepare myself for the conversation we'll be having.

WANDA's POV

Oh, how I've missed my daughter and husband while I've been away on this trip. I'm sure they've had the time of their lives, he's always been so good to Y/N and their bond is so cute. I can't wait to get back to them.

-

Two hours later, I've finally arrived home and they must be having fun because before I can hear their voices from inside without even having stepped into the house yet.

But the moment I do, their talking stops and it goes dead silent.

"Hi, you guys," I say from the door, immediately my husband comes running over and wraps me up in a tight hug. But where's my kid?

"Hi, sweetheart," he says to me in a tone that sounds sort of nervous.

"Hey... where's Y/N?" I ask as I start to step further into the house, but my body is blocked by the man in front of me. "Why aren't you letting me past?"

I wait as he stammers over his words a few times. Something feels very off.

Using my magic, I manage to stop him from blocking my way and walk around a bit to find my Y/N.

And then I reach the kitchen. And I see her laying down on the floor behind the counter, her face bleeding and bruised and her hands covering her mouth to muffle her sobs.

Before I can even ask my husband what happened, he's out the front door and I hear his car start and drive away.

Has he done this? Has the man I love been hurting our daughter?

"Baby," I gasp and kneel down beside her, lifting her head to rest on my lap. "Oh, god... what did he do to you, my darling?"

She's too busy gasping in panic to answer me, so I just pick up the closest tea towel to press against her cheek, which has a cut going diagonally across it.

I want to kill that man. How dare he hurt my daughter like this. I never even saw it coming, what sort of mother am I?

"Mama," she wails, trying to get up to hug me, but I have to keep her down in case she has a head injury of some sort.

"It's okay, I'm here. I'm home. My sweetest girl, has he been hurting you? How long has this been going on?"

"I don't know," she cries, "A long time. Every time you're gone. Everything hurts so bad, mommy. All of these clothes feel too tight on the bruises."

I don't understand. They always seemed to have such a great relationship. I never even suspected it.

Following her permission, I gently slip off her leggings and top, leaving her in her underwear. Only when everything's off do I see the array of dark bruises scattered all over her body.

If only I knew. I would have been here in a heartbeat to save her.

"Hurts, mama."

"I know, my love, I know. He's never coming near you again and that is a promise. Mama's here, mama's gonna protect you forever and ever, okay?" I tell her while holding her hand in mind. "I've got you, I promise I do."

-

dying of this heat in england oml

also may (or may not - im genuinely unsure) be posting my new books next week