love is the strongest thing in the world

age: 10

pretend that wanda isn't a fancy rich avenger for this one

-

WANDA's POV

We've never been a particularly wealthy family. We have enough to get by, but not enough to buy anything particularly luxurious.

Y/N has often gotten made fun of in school for not having such flashy items like other kids, but she's more or less learnt that fancy objects don't mean anything truly important unless they really have sentimental value.

Since learning that, she doesn't tend to come home from school so upset anymore, so it's odd that she seems sad after arriving back just now.

"Why so glum, dove?" I ask her as she enters the kitchen, holding her arms out for me to pick her up. "Come on, you're a big girl. Mama can't carry you all the time anymore."

And just like that, her bottom lip starts quivering.

"Hey, what's going on?" I ask in my gentlest voice, giving in and lifting my girl up so that I can hold her close and comfort her. "Whatever it is, we'll work it out. I'll help you."

"Come on, angel girl. Spill," I encourage her, patting her back lightly as I sit down on the couch with her on my lap.

It seems that her voice is betraying her, so she simply points to her schoolbag.

"E-everyone's bee-been making fun of m-me for it being so cheap," she stutters as her cries turn into hiccups.

"Alright, sweets, don't worry. We can get you a new bag."

I was gonna treat myself to new decorations for my bedroom, but it's so much more important to me that my baby is happy.

"We don't have enough," she whispers as her body goes from tense to relaxed.

"Don't you be worrying about that. That's something that mama and only mama gets to worry about. But, Y/N, you know that money really isn't everything. What you own isn't a reflection of your worth."

"Mama," she whimpers, "Why don't we have a lot of money?"

Somehow, I've managed to avoid this conversation for this long, but I knew she'd ask eventually.

"Look, baby girl. Some jobs pay less than others and right now, I don't have the qualifications to get a higher paying one. It's extremely annoying, but I'm grateful everyday for what I already have, including you, my little beauty. In my eyes, it doesn't matter what we do or don't have physically. As long as I have you, I'm happy with my life. Because love, my dear... love is the strongest thing in the world. Got it?"

Drying her eyes, Y/N nods and hides her face in the crook of my neck.

"I don't need a new bag," she tells me suddenly, confusing me. "I like my one. I just got sad because everyone else was mean about it."

Clearly, I've taught her well.

-

scarlett holding that pineapple and lizzie saying how we may know her as mom😭

i hate all my upcoming one shots they're all random drafts