doom and dread

warnings: mentions of death

age: 16

the request for bipolar, i did my research and hope this is somewhat accurate❤️

-

Y/N's POV

Utter doom and dread. That's what I'm in for today.

That's what it feels like, anyway.

I've had it with this depressive episode. It's lasted weeks and who knows how much longer it'll continue?

Luckily, I have the most amazing mom getting me through it. But it still doesn't take the pain away.

It's five-thirty in the morning and I've just woken up, and can't get back to sleep because there are so many thoughts. Thoughts that I've learnt can be dangerous.

I'm so tired, yet can't go back to sleep.

Barely being able to move, I manage to slowly lift my arm to reach onto my nightstand and grab my phone. I go straight to mom's contact, feeling bad about it being so early, and call her.

But of course as soon as the phone starts ringing, I hang up. I don't want to wake her, she shouldn't have to deal with me whilst I'm being like this. She already puts up with so much from me.

"Are you stupid or did you forget that my bladder wakes me up at five-thirty every morning without fail to go pee?" the all too familiar and kind voice says after my door has been pushed open.

"I know you're not okay, you haven't been in a while. Is something in particular on your mind right now?" she asks me softly, sounding slightly concerned.

I only give her a weak grumble in response, laying still in my bed as I let my phone drop to the floor.

Without a word, mom comes over and leans down to pick up my phone, placing it back onto my nightstand and turning it off.

"Look," she starts, taking a seat on the edge of my bed, next to me. "I've let you have the past two weeks in bed, because we both know that it's usually the safest place for you stay when you're having a depressive episode, but today we're just gonna manage some small tasks. Let's start by getting you out of bed, hm?"

"No, I'm tired," I reply lowly, holding my blanket tighter over my body.

"I know you are, but you're not gonna end up going back to sleep so we may as well start now. Get up, I can help you take a bath, and I'll clean up your room for you. Just focus on doing something small, even though it feels massive. Oh, and don't forget that you need your meds at seven. But, I've got that covered."

-

WANDA's POV

"Let me look at your eyes, sweetheart," I tell my daughter, bending down slightly to her height.

Yep, extremely dilated. Out of a depressive episode and straight into a manic one.

"Have you taken your meds today, lovely?" I ask since she tends to forget them when she's in her manic state.

To prove that she has, she shows me the pills from today's section in her pill box are gone.

"Alright, well why don't we just-"

"I haven't slept in 30 hours," she laughs, finding herself utterly hilarious right now. "Mom, when is Nat coming over next? I miss her. Ooo, and Yelena, too, she's fun. We always have such a good time together. Oh my god, do you think we can go to the Compound today and see everyone? Coffee, I haven't had coffee yet."

She's speaking so fast that my brain can't keep up.

"No, Y/N, no caffeine," I remind her. She knows that she can't have caffeine during an episode, she already has enough energy.

"I kind of wanna go driving. But I also want-"

"Why don't we go for a little walk in the backyard? You can let off some energy," I suggest, wanting to interrupt her before she does anything reckless.

"I'm going in the pool," she states, rushing outside as fast as possible.

As soon as I step outside, I see her already getting in with her shorts and t-shirt on, and I make sure to stay close in case a switch flips and her mood changes. It wouldn't be the first time.

Strangely, too strangely, it suddenly goes quiet. Y/N hasn't made any noise at all, and I look up from my phone to see that she isn't above the water anymore.

She's under.

But she's not coming up.

"Y/N!" I yell, sprinting over and putting my arm in to pull her up. She instantly starts gasping for air. "What the hell?!"

I know she couldn't exactly help what she just did, but that was terrifying.

"Why did you do that?!" I exclaim, patting her back as she coughs up water.

"Calm down," she tells me before standing up and walking off and inside.

"What was that, Y/N?" I ask somewhat sternly, still in shock. "Was that an attempt?"

"What? No! I just wanted to see hypothetically what it would be like."

"... To drown?"

Before she can answer, she's picked up her laptop and gone onto H&M.

She goes onto the shoes section and starts selecting every single one that she likes the look of.

"Hon, can we talk? Can you put your laptop down?" I ask softly, sitting beside her on the couch.

"Um, no. I'm shoe shopping."

"And how do you plan on paying for those?" I challenge.

"You're a multimillionaire, how do you think?"

She has a point, but I still can't allow her to recklessly spend all of this money on shoes that she's never gonna wear just because she bought them during an episode.

"No, Y/N, you can't-"

"I knew it! You fucking hate me so you won't let me buy this stuff. You literally tell me you love me every day, why have you been lying?!" she yells loudly, practically shaking with anger.

"Sweetheart, I could never hate you. I love you so much," I try to reassure her, but she just can't listen to me in this state.

-

bit longer than my usual drabbles but it needed to be

in all honesty, i have no idea if this is accurate at all. i watched some people on tiktok who did day in the life's with bipolar and mainly based it off that, but im sure that it's so different for everyone