let mama do the worrying

warnings: self harm

age: 15

this may be quite a heavy one for some, please take care❤️ and please don't read if it'll be triggering!!

-

Y/N's POV

"Hi, my lovely," mom smiles the moment I enter her bedroom, but quickly frowns when she sees the tears falling down my face. "What's wrong, sweetheart?" she asks in a concerned manner, opening up her arms for me.

Without hesitation, I run over to her and crash onto her lap. She wraps her arms tightly around me and lets me cry into her chest for what feels like hours.

"Baby, what's going on? Talk to mama, I'm here."

Not being able to find my words, I simply choke on my breath and calm down after some gentle reassurance.

"Hurts," is all I can get out. It seems as if I've confused her even more.

"I'm gonna need a little more to go off. What hurts?" she asks and I move so that she can cradle me like a baby.

Without a word, I point to my lower forearm and she sucks in her breath, probably getting what I'm trying to tell her.

"Okay. Is this... is this the first time you've..." she trails off, signaling to my arm. I nod in return. "Thank you for being honest with me. Can I please take a look, sweetheart? I won't get mad, I just need to make sure that everything is clean. You did clean them, didn't you?" Her tone is hopeful.

"No," I reply quietly, her eyes then go wide.

"Alright, well I'll need to do that and I'll teach you how to do it, as well. Am I allowed to roll up your sleeve?"

Instead of rolling it up, I simply sit up whilst I'm on her lap and take my hoodie off entirely, leaving me in just my bra. It was getting warm, anyway.

WANDA's POV

I unintentionally let out a gasp when I see the damage that my daughter's done to herself. I know she's been having a bit of a hard time lately, but I didn't realize that she's in so much pain that she's resorted to this.

"I-is it bad?" she asks hesitantly, "I couldn't really tell."

Taking it all in, I have to remember to keep breathing because this is a lot.

It isn't even one part of her body that she's cut up. She said her arm hurt so maybe that's what hurts the most, but she's bleeding all over.

Her arms, her stomach, her sides. It must sting like a bitch.

"What about your legs, my love?" I ask softly, not answering her earlier question of if it's 'bad'.

Instead of answering verbally, she removes her joggers, too.

So now my daughter stands in front of me in only underwear and a bra, whilst blood drops down her limbs.

As suspected, her legs are also slit open.

"Oh my god," I gasp quietly, covering my mouth with my right hand. "And this is your first time doing this?"

She nods, practically shaking with anxiety.

"You don't have to be worrying right now, Y/N," I tell her. "Let mama do the worrying. Please can you sit down for a minute?"

Wordlessly, she takes a seat beside me, I don't even care about blood getting on my sheets. I was gonna change them later, anyway.

Once I've examined all her injuries, I stop the bleeding and grab some antiseptic to clean them all up. She winces at every single wipe, but it's for her own good. Besides, that part is soon over and I bandage up the parts of her body that I physically can, and use adhesive wound dressings for the ones on her stomach.

"All done," I announce, placing the items onto my nightstand. "Do you wanna go put some clothes on whilst I throw these ones in the wash and change my sheets?"

Y/N seems completely void of emotion right now as she stays sitting on my bed, her knees pulled up to her chest and she's hugging them tightly.

Still keeping her in that position, I sit down and pick her up to rest on my lap.

"You did so good for coming to tell me about this, darling," I try to comfort, "It couldn't have been easy, so I'm very proud of you. Thank you so much for trusting me. I love you and I'm gonna help you, I promise. Mama's right here, she always will be."