just a little longer

warnings: disordered eating

age: 15

-

WANDA's POV

"Mama, stop!" my teenager yells at me after spending the past fifteen minutes being pushed past her boundaries by me trying to persuade her to eat.

She's struggled with anorexia now for longer than I've even known. According to her - if she's not downplaying it - she started feeling bad around food just before she turned fifteen, so seven months ago.

"Right, don't yell at me," I tell her semi-sternly. I know she's struggling but as her mom, I would still like to be somewhat respected. We don't yell at each other, it's just a rule we have in this household.

"I don't want it," she whimpers, holding her hand over her mouth so that I can't feed her any more.

This is the most frustrated I've been in a long time. She can't help how she thinks about food right now but I'm getting desperate here so I cannot take any of her bullshit.

"Y/N, hand off your mouth," I demand and she doesn't obey. She just brings the other hand up and places that on top of the hand already on there.

"Come on, I'm not messing around with you right now. Hands off or I will use force," I warn her, but she doesn't budge.

Instead, she stands up from her chair at the dining table with her hands still over her mouth and goes walking off. I'm not sure why she's doing it but my first instinct is to follow her as she goes strolling up the stairs.

I keep following her until she reaches my bedroom. Why mine? Why not her own room?

Before I can ask, I see the poor bubba curled up on my bed among all of my comfy pillows and blankets.

She looks so small in my bed. So childlike.

I sigh sadly at the sight, pushing my bottom lip into a pout when my beautiful girl stares up at me.

"Honey..." I coo, traipsing up to her and sitting down on the edge of my bed, reaching a hand up to rub her arm.

To my surprise, she still has her hands sealed tightly over her mouth.

Is she that terrified that I'm gonna make her eat?

"Bring your hands down, sweets. I'm not gonna make you eat right now," I promise her. She shakes her head as a single tear slips out of her eye. To help her out a little bit, I use my own hands to pull hers away from her mouth. "There you go, that's much better."

"N-no food," she rasps out, looking so petrified of the idea that she might have to eat a meal right now. I can't let her go without comfort whilst she's so upset, so I use the fact that she's so light to my advantage and lift her onto my lap, cradling her like a baby.

"No, babe. No food right now," I reassure her as I rock us side to side slowly and she chokes back a sob. "Oh, baby... let's not fret. I'm gonna help you, I promise. I'd never let you fall so deep into this hole that you can't climb back out."

"Mommy, I'm scared," she admits in a whisper, clinging onto me as tight as she possibly can with the little physical strength she has left.

"I know you are, precious, I know. I just need you to be brave for a little while longer, okay? Just a little longer."

-

i woke up at 4am and decided to post:)

still not over lizzie BUYING LUNCH for that fan and calling her beautiful and all that i can't my mama's so cute