a lost cause

request: scarlyyswife <3

age: 21

-

Y/N's POV

You know that sensation where it feels as if you've just been stabbed in the gut? Except it's not physical, but emotional? That's how I feel right now.

For the past three months now, me and this girl Eliana have been talking a lot, and spend practically all of our time either on the phone with each other or going on days out.

She's such a lovely girl and I definitely fell quick and hard, we even kissed once at a party. Even though we were blackout drunk, it still meant something to me.

So, I decided to not ignore my feelings for her anymore.

About half an hour ago, I braved it and wrote this super long, at least one thousand word message, and sent it.

After being left on delivered for ten minutes, she finally read it and a short while later, replied.

Now I can handle a rejection, they don't bother me massively. But what I'm not okay with is the girl who's been giving me mixed signals for the past three months telling me she's straight.

I don't have a problem with the fact that she's straight, it's just that she never once mentioned it and she talked many times about dating a girl. Not specifically me, but it gave me the impression that maybe she wasn't just into guys.

Maybe she was just experimenting a bit, seeing what she does and doesn't like, but she didn't have to drag me down to reach that point.

And now here I lay in bed, facing the wall and sobbing into my pillow for the one girl I really and truly ever considered dating lied to me.

We had so many special moments together, I'm not ready for all of that to be over.

WANDA's POV

It's rare for Y/N to cry. At least, as far as I'm aware.

She's been talking and hanging out with this girl for a few months and it's the happiest I've ever seen my daughter. I'm sure that she has feelings for her, just hasn't made a move yet.

Seeing as I can hear my big girl crying in her bedroom, I heard as I was walking by, I gently knock on then door and wait for her quiet 'come in' before pushing it open.

The sight I'm met with is one I haven't seen in a while; she's curled up on her bed, facing away from my direction as her body shakes with sobs.

"Bubbie, hey," I speak softly, putting the basket of laundry down and walking over to her bed. "Hi, sweets. What's wrong?"

Instead of a verbal answer, which isn't always Y/N's choice of communication, she pushes herself to sit up and looks at me with tears in her eyes.

As her mother, I instantly know that look means that she wants me to give her a hug and comfort her to the best of my ability.

"I'm here, lovey. Whatever's going on, I'm right here with you," I reassure her and wrap her up in my arms where she soon resumes her quiet whimpers and gasps.

"M-mom, she, she hurt me," she tells me, holding onto me for dear life.

"Who hurt you?!" I ask in my most concerned tone, pulling her away so I can look at her.

"Not physically," she quickly explains, causing me to let out a breath of relief. "Eliana, she... I asked her out and she told me she was straight."

My brows furrow and I pull my baby onto my lap where she nuzzles into my chest.

"Surely not. She's been dropping loads of hints and didn't she once say something about dating a girl?" I query.

"Yeah but apparently she was just lying."

"But that's absurd! She completely led you on!"

In this moment, I can see that Y/N doesn't need me to bitch about this girl with her. She just needs my love.

"Aw, I'm so sorry, darling. You didn't do anything to deserve this," I tell her and let her feel safe in my arms.

"Do you..." she starts, but stops herself.

"You can say it, Y/N."

Hesitantly, she says what she needs to say. "Do you think anyone will ever want me? Or am I just a lost cause?"

Am I seriously hearing this from my daughter's mouth right now?

"A lost cause? Absolutely not! Y/N, listen to me," I adjust us so we're face to face. "You are quite possibly the most kind girl in the world. You're so beautiful and so smart and so funny. Any girl would be lucky to have you as their girlfriend and you need to remember your worth because that is something absolutely no one can take away from you. Are we clear?"

I'm using my soft yet firm mom tone, just because I want her to really understand how much she means to this world.

"I guess. I just really liked her," she sighs, clutching onto her mama tightly.

"I know, angel," I sympathize, "Do you think we can lift this mood up with several tubs of Ben and Jerry's and a movie marathon? Or would you rather me take you to a rage room or something?"

She chuckles lightly. "How about both?"

"Both it is. Rage room, then movies. I love you, sweetheart."

"I love you, too, mom."

-

i'm sorry this was so short😭 but i think it's kinda cute