i will protect you

warnings: getting harassed online

age: 15

-

Y/N's POV

The more messages that come through on my phone, the more my heart rate picks up.

Me and these people, who I would hardly call my friends, got into an 'argument' about two hours ago.

Well, it was an argument with one of them. But she's the sort of person who gets everyone to gang up on anyone she's arguing with. This time it's me.

I thought that they would stop by now, but they're relentless. Creating fake accounts to try and scope out mine despite me blocking them. It just keeps coming.

"Y/N?" mom calls my name from where she's standing at my open door. I quickly shake my head to snap out of my thoughts and turn to look at her. "Hey, baby," she says, her voice sounding more concerned this time round. "Is everything okay?"

It would be dumb to keep this a secret. She can help me, and I should let her.

"No. Everything's not okay," I reply, finally letting myself break and a tear to slip from my eye.

Immediately noticing that I need comfort, mom comes over to my bed and sits beside me, pulling me in for a hug.

"What's going on, sweetheart?" she asks softly, pulling away to look into my eyes.

Not feeling like being particularly verbal right now, I go to the screenshots on my phone and hand it to her to look at.

As she reads, her eyes widen and she starts to chew on her fingernails nervously.

"Oh, Y/N... these messages are not okay. All these things they're saying are not true and this is definitely harassment. If they don't stop then we'll have to call the police. How many fake accounts have they made?"

"At least five," I sigh, "And I don't even know why. I didn't even do anything and now they're spreading fake information about me and I don't know what they're trying to achieve by finding new ways of seeing my account. It's making me angry."

She then puts her hand on my shoulder and lowers her head slightly to look me in the eyes.

"And you have every right to be. You haven't done anything wrong here. Harassment is a crime, you've asked them nicely to stop and they haven't, so the police will be called if they don't stop. I know this sort of thing can really mess with your mind, so how are you feeling mentally? Are you scared at all?"

"No," I reply, leaning back against the headboard. "I'm just... pissed off. Majorly angry. You know?"

Mom nods and smiles at me sadly, "I do. It's a lot of stress for that to happen. But just remember that you are not in the wrong at all. It doesn't even look like you said anything nasty."

She's right. I didn't. And yet the universe continues to punish me.

"I'm sorry this is happening, my love. I promise that whatever happens, I will protect you. Okay?"

Knowing that she's right and that I have to trust her, I nod and fall into her arms again.

-

i saw a video this morning of lizzie giving presents to the girl who played candy's daughter and i swear i melted🥹

even closer to posting my new books !!