safe and sound

request: @winestaineddresss

age: 22

wanda's just a mother figure in this<3

-

Y/N's POV

I thought that at my age, I had already experienced every possible emotion to ever exist.

I never believed it possible to feel so hurt, but here I am, laying in my bed after just gotten out of what I hoped would be a forever relationship.

At least I get taken care of at the Compound with everyone else.

Well, they probably would be taking care of me if they knew what happened. Most likely Wanda, since she's basically been my mom ever since I joined the Avengers five years ago.

She knew about my relationship, but I'm yet to tell her about the breakup. It only happened yesterday, anyway.

WANDA's POV

Y/N doesn't think that I know about her breaking up with her partner, but she's wrong. I know, I'm practically her mother and that means I know more about her than she thinks.

And now it's my job to ensure that she will be safe and not do anything that will be bad for her.

Heartbreak makes you do stupid things sometimes.

When I reach her bedroom with her favorite fluffy blanket that's been in the wash, I knock gently and wait for her quiet 'come in' before entering.

I'm instantly saddened by the state she's in. There are blankets and pillows all over her bed, her blackout blinds are shut, the only light is coming from her dim lamp, and there's tears all over her face.

This is only day one.

"Oh, my sweet, beautiful girl," I sigh and shut the door behind me before progressing further towards her. I start by draping the blanket over her curled up body and then take a seat down beside her as she hides her face in her pillow.

"Babylove, hey," I coo, rubbing her back in circles to act as any source of comfort, "Y/N, I'm here for you. I know about the breakup, I'm not stupid. You may as well let me help you."

Despite not moving a muscle, I do get a small whimper in response. I think she really does want my help.

Instead of talking for the time being, I gently maneuver the girl to rest her head on my lap and I keep my hand running through her messy hair as she cries into me.

My heart goes out to this girl. I've always loved her an amount that's unfathomable.

I know how deeply in love she was, so this must sting.

"Have you eaten or had anything to drink, my love? What about sleep? Have you slept? Have you managed to take your makeup off and all of that from yesterday?" I rapid-fire at her, she simply sniffles a couple times before sitting upright and resting her head on my collarbone.

"No to all of that," she answers, looking at me with weary eyes.

I sigh and keep my right arm wrapped around her body as I use my magic to grab some makeup wipes and moisturizer from her bathroom. I won't bother with the extra stuff, she just needs the fundamentals done.

Once I've wiped off all of her makeup and somehow the large amount of mascara all smeared under her eyes, I put some moisturizer on her skin so it doesn't dry out and place the items down.

"Have some of this, sweetheart," I instruct her, handing her a bottle of water with Berroca added to hydrate her better. She manages about half the glass before giving up and putting it onto her nightstand.

"I know everything feels really heavy right now, but let's get you downstairs so that I can make you something to eat."

My suggestion is quickly veto'd by her shaking her head and bursting into tears again.

"Come on, my girl. You need to be kind to yourself and give your body what it needs," I coax, but again am met with a string of sobs.

She's tired, and I'd rather she gets her feelings out when she needs to. I can always get her some food later.

"Oh, honey," I whisper, holding her head to my chest as she uncontrollably cries and wails. Even some of the others come in occasionally to check if she's alright.

About three hours later, after a lot of on and off emotions, she starts to settle down and yawn multiple times.

"Shh, that's it. You can go to sleep, sweetheart. Safe and sound. Shh, safe... and sound," I whisper, slowly laying down with her.

-

double updating because i absolutely love the softness of this one